Screen Recording with PC

On my flight back from Seattle, some sharp object punctured the top of my suitcase, through the first few layers, my MacBook’s soft case, and finally the MacBook’s screen itself. So no more recording/streaming with QuickTime Player on my Mac!

Anyone know a reliable (and free) way to display my iPhone’s screen on my PC, so OBS can detect and stream it?

Edit: Wi-Fi isn’t reliable enough to stream from iPhone to PC via AirPlay Mirroring; I need a wired (USB) solution

1 Like

Man that really sucks I wish I could help out try to find a solution myself

LonelyScreen

Sorry I should’ve been more specific, I tried that already but my Wi-Fi isn’t reliable enough to stream via AirPlay Mirroring. I need a cabled (USB) solution

2 Likes

I don’t think you can use a USB but you can try using air squirrel 2

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hmmm, I’d just suggest getting QuickTime on Windows… that might work?

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL762?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

I think that a lightning to HDMI cable works. It might require a capture card though.

1 Like

I might look into that. @Oscar I think that’s the last version of QT Apple made for Windows, and it has security flaws & I couldn’t find a feature that shows my phone’s screen.

Requires a CCU connection to an engineering rack via via a SMPTE Fiber cable,which is linked to a Broadcast Pix switcher, none of which are in my personal inventory at this time ;)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.