Screen recording issue on IOS 11

When I record it just freezes for the whole time I recorded.

For instance, I recorded an American 787 landing in Chicago. The video started to run, and then it froze in one picture for the amount of time I recorded. Then It resumed to when I stopped the recording. I run an iPhone 6+

Can you help me? Or tell my what I can do?

Thank you!
-Michael✈️
ICG Staff Manager at KIND

3 Likes

I would say this is more of an Apple issue than an IF one. Are you on the iOS 11 beta or release version cause there were screen rec issues on Beta

Can you upload the video to YouTube and then link it here??

2 Likes

As @Josh_Mcmunn said, might wanna give a apple a try first. Maybe go to their help page as well.

Update to the latest iOS (11.2, I think), if you have, you might have to wait for the next iOS update.

3 Likes

You could also try other apps and see if it does the same on them to determine whether it’s IF or apple

3 Likes

This is happening to me also and I’m not using beta.

2 Likes

What iOS, is it the latest?

2 Likes

Yep and it still doesn’t work

2 Likes

Hmmm… Apple might’ve accidentally done something. Strange

2 Likes

As said above try with other apps to see if it’s an iOS fault or an IF fault the FDS staff have better things to do than try to fix a fault they haven’t caused

1 Like

Working perfectly fine here, i’m on the IF beta though.

May i suggest we wait until the rest of you have the same amazing update?

9 Likes

It isn’t directly related to IF. It is more of an Apple issue I believe. iOS11 screen recording works perfectly with some, and not others.

7 Likes

I’m having the same issue
iPad Pro, iOS 11.0.2

3 Likes

Does it work with other apps or not? If it doesn’t it’s not FDS fault and this can be closed if it does work then @schyllberg is probably correct and it’s just this current IF build

1 Like

Yes. I’ve tried it on everything other than IF

2 Likes

It’s not exactly known to be honest, as some users are having issues and some are not. I have however read that there are issues with the screen recorder in iOS, so i don’t want to jump to conclusions just yet.

We’ll keep monitoring the issue and hopefully it will be resolved shortly.

8 Likes

I have also Iphone 6+, tried it many times to record, thats working by ma phone. Have uploaded on Youtube and Insta… Normaly there must been working. Will today evening to record again and share with you.

2 Likes

Ok, so I tried to record my landing into KLAX just now, and I hit the record button. It did the countdown and the recording colors appeared. I Landing completely with other views in the reply, and when I was done I went to the control center to stop my recording, and it already did it it’s self. With out me doing it manually.

Just great. Ever since I downloaded IOS 11 this has been happening to me and I’m frustrated. I just want to promote IF to other pole on YouTube and share my videos, but I can’t seem to do that. I have 128 GB on my phone with 28 used. And I clear my memory from time to time. I also rest my device from time to time.

I really don’t know what to do.

Thanks

2 Likes

Not really anything you can do. Apple has always been… picky with screen recorders, and obviously, they aren’t outting a lot of effort into the built in screen recorder. I’m on the latest iOS, and it doesn’t really work for me either. There is Vidih, which is on the App Store, and doesn’t require a certificate download. It works great for me, but it does cost $4. And it can be a little clunky sometimes.

1 Like

This happened to me before.

Before you start recording go onto IF and then turn off your phone. Turn on your phone (ONLY USING TOUCH ID) and the start recording. If that doesn’t work do a factory reset.

1 Like

ipad pro
the same problem with recording !

1 Like