Screen on all night

Hello Everybody,
I made my first overnight flight (10h Paris to Tokyo), and now I just found out my phone is a bit twisted. I was wondering if it can be because of the screen on all night ? Or is it something else without any link to IF ?

Thanks for your help,
Good flights

1 Like

Like your phone is actually twisted? 🤔

Need a little more information such as pictures to give us a better idea what your issue is.

4 Likes

Define “Twisted”?

Yes your phone needs to be on. It is advised to put it on the scenic camera since it rotates around.

4 Likes

Here are some tips when doing an overnight flight.
-Turn your screen brightness all the way down.
-close all background apps.
-and make the time in the game night.

5 Likes

If your phone has been physically twisted and deformed overnight without any major physical impacts etc, I would strongly recommend immediately replacing the battery and not using the phone until it has been replaced, as your battery may have expanded and deformed the frame, which could be a potential fire or explosion hazard. See https://www.howtogeek.com/244846/what-to-do-when-your-phone-or-laptop-has-a-swollen-battery/
What to Do When Your Phone or Laptop Has a Swollen Battery

5 Likes

Happy anniversary

It depends on the phone but sometimes, it don’t change anything.

There is a really nice application but it’s not available on Apple devices in general and only by the dev’s website on Android devices.

I downloaded it and it works fine.

Here it is : http://bsol.derpdeveloper.com/
It use the same sensor as phone call while near the ear.

If @Insertusernamehere is indicating it is the battery, what phone do you have?

How about we let the OP respond.

5 Likes

I think that his screen could physically be twisted. The heating of the phone could have bent and cracked the phone.

Drawing attention to this again. 👆🏼

2 Likes

By “twisted” do you mean burn in?

Closing this for a bit. Message sent to the original poster.

Update: Handled via PM Support. User advised with tips on how to conserve battery power and options such as dimming the display.

4 Likes