Screen Freezing After Touches

So I’m currently 80 miles out of EGE in my 757 from Philly so I’ll try to make this quick. Whenever I touch the screen to adjust autopilot, change the view or especially when going to the map, my screen freezes for about 5-10 seconds. If this continues I will probably not be able to land which would be a waste of 4 hours. I did start this flight with my school’a terrible WIFI but now I’m at home with good WiFi and it’s still happening. I have all of my graphic settings on High, but it’s a 2 week old IPhone 11 with 30GBs of storage. Any quick fixes would really be appreciated!

Quick note, it doesn’t happen all the time but it happens quite often, I could just be a problem with this flight because I started in school, but I’ve started many flights in school and they even worked with my IPhone 6s

Any background apps open?

None (fill)

For the time being, lowering your graphics is suggested for application freezes/lag.

I had them on low before and it happened just as often

And sorry if I seem frustrated and not very in depth, I’m just trying to reply quickly because I’m flying too and navigating the Rocky Mountains

1 Like

Ok, can’t help you then unfortunately as I am basically or of ideas…

Had this issue on my old iPad, but this doesn’t seem to be applicable here (and it was sometimes worse and sometimes better without me knowing why…)

1 Like

It’s seems like it happens more when I open the map so it’ll be like a mini “IF Emergency scenario” 😂

1 Like

You should also try disabling anti-aliasing too. The amount of graphics your phone handles looks to be compact.

1 Like

That map thing was the same with me. Also occurred when moving the camera.

Good luck finding a solution!

1 Like

It seems to maybe help a little bit, but it’s hard to tell with only a short time of testing it

1 Like

Thanks! First emergency landing in IF lol

1 Like

Just check if lowering your graphics helps. It should. You should test all available options and tell us what fits best. That’s just one possible solution.

2 Likes

I’ll try that

Thanks for your help @JulianB and @Kuba_Jaroszczyk! it kept freezing especially when I opened the map, so I had to hand fly the last 30 Miles in, but I landed so I can’t complain. Hopefully this was only a one time bug

2 Likes

A device restart is also recommended. See what graphic option works best and let us know if this ever happens again. There could also be another solution.

This phone is known to be very powerful but this problem usually occurs to different users. I don’t have this problem on my 5 year old iPad, since I use the lowest possible graphics.

1 Like

I’ll restart before I fly again later tonight and I’ll definitely hope this doesn’t happen again

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.