Screen all of a sudden locks resulting the game to crash

Hello, this is the second time this issue happens to me. The screen locks, which then results In a game crash.

Even though the device Is capable of handling the game, and it barely lags.

Is this a known issue?

Wait… your device locks and when you unlock the app is crashing?

It’s not that the app is crashing causing your device to lock as you have it set to automatically lock after x amount of minutes?

The device sometimes locks during the flight even if the game has not crashed.

yesterday, it locked during the flight, but then I unlocked it, entered IF, and resumed the flight.

However sometimes the game crashes as a result of the device being locked.

That’s an interesting one… but not related to the issue Tim mentioned.

Do you have a case on your device?

Is there a black screen with a loading symbol before it goes to the lock screen?

I’m sorry, but what do you mean by “case” ?

I’m not sure if the loading symbol & black screen appears, I leave it charging, so I did not witness the moment it got locked.

This issue has happened 3 times, and it has caused the game to crash 2 out of the 3 times.

But most probably, the black screen with the loading symbol has appeared.

1 Like

A case? Protective cover or whatever you want to call it :)

1 Like

Oh okay, nope I don’t have a case on my device.

Are you putting the app in the background at some point?

Nope I haven’t. :/

For more informations about the device.

It’s an iPad Mini 5 that I got two weeks ago… Everything works smooth In the game, but that’s the only issue, a BIG issue.

If that was the reason, how can I prevent it from happening again the future?

It happens to me on my pro. It’s when the device gets overloaded I assume. I would close all apps in the background as a minimum but I haven’t read too much into it as it hasn’t affected me that much

1 Like

Thanks for your help. 🙏 I really have to find a way to prevent it from happening again.

1 Like

So I’ve also noticed on some long haul if my game crashes it would time out and lock itself from not using cause IF had crashed. But I also have experienced the game crashing but not closing out. It would stay frozen in the sky. So far before every long haul I’ve restarted my device and it’s been working fine. I still run everything on high graphic and plane count. I did not clear my cache.
My tip is to restart your device. But try to doing a hard restart on the your iPad. (Pressing the power and home button till it restarts if you didn’t know)! Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help! 🙏 Will take your advice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.