Screeching Tires

Searched for similar topics but found none so here we go.

As we all know landing smoke is coming. I’d like to have a tire screeching sound when you touch down in addition. What do you guys think?

5 Likes

I think there was a landing screech sound, but a couple updates ago they removed it for an overhaul or something.

They still have it in single player

Oh I only use live so I probably never noticed

Ummm… No they dont.

Well is till have it

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

So is it possible that the sound may reappear in the future in Live?

Screeching tires + Landing gear tilt

6 Likes

thank you guys. I’m excited now :D

You don’t have to expect the gear tilt! (unfortunately…)

Just said it would be great to have both things.

What a bummer :(

yes there would (just an assumption)

Sure!

If the tire smoke and screeching sound were caused by the Autobrake system you would hear and see them during the entire breaking process.

The screech and smoke is simply the tires going from not spinning, to suddenly spinning at around 140knots as they hit the ground. It’s just the force on the tires, just like doing a burnout or locking up the brakes and skidding on a car…

The autobrake activates after landing, like the spoiler deployment. The autobrake is set so the pilot doesn’t have to concentrate on a million things after touchdown, and to maximise braking efficiency. There are different levels you can set it to. Just like on takeoff, it’s set to RTO (rejected takeoff) so if the throttles are pulled back below a set level, (not sure about every make of aircraft, the levels may differ, 0% or 50% etc) the aircraft automatically uses maximum wheel brakes to stop the aircraft.

1 Like

Why is the sound there when landing and with the right camera selected, but not in replay mode?
I haven’t tried it in Live, 'cause I don’t want the switch to that camera and loose control.

There isn’t any screetching tire sound. Always used solo and never heared it.