School Survey; Do you know what airlines have done to fix how airplanes affect the atmosphere?

Summary

This is for my school. Thanks.

[poll type=regular public=true]

Do you know what airlines have done to fix how airplanes affect the atmosphere?

• A: Yes
  • B: Yes, but not sure exactly how.
  • C: No
  • D: Maybe
[/ [poll ]

If yes, please comment down how. Want to see what the community has to say. Thanks!

I’m not sure if it worked or not, but please comment A,B,C,D. Thanks!

C. I have no idea what they have done to fox it. I didn’t even know they tried anything

1 Like

New engines ;). Like the GEnx

1 Like

I’ll try but i can’t figure out how to…

But let’s be real here. I’m sure that’s for greater fuel efficiency (less cost to operate the aircraft) than to “fix” the atmosphere.

4 Likes

Right, but the less fuel they use, the less that gets in the atmosphere. Right?

Don’t get me wrong i 100% agree with you

True, but I don’t see that as being their main reason as to why they are creating more fuel efficient engines.

1 Like

ok. I wonder what other people will say is better? I’ve read that they’re trying to make better fuel that can’t effect the environment, but it will cost a lot of money to creat. So it probably won’t happen.

D. Like everyone else is saying, engine efficieny means less egaust, but the airlines don’t do it to help the atmosphere. They do it to make money.

2 Likes

And that also means they will buy more a\c kinda canceling it oit

Here’s a poll if you still want one:

• A: Yes
  • B: Yes, but not sure exactly how.
  • C: No
  • D: Maybe

0 voters

Thanks @anon31652286
This makes it easier.

1 Like

I’ve read a lot of airlines are supporting the use of biofuels which generates a lot less carbon dioxide (such as Qantas and Virgin Australia).
http://australianaviation.com.au/2018/01/qantas-flight-qf96-to-feature-biofuel-blend/

1 Like

@Haifan_Day you said yes to the poll. Do you mind elaborating. For my school project. Thanks!

A:
I’ve seen united use recyclable stuff and turning it into jet fuel

1 Like

I do know of some ways, so B

Airlines have been reverting to bio-fuel testing as a possibility to help reduce the global carbon footprint.
I know Qantas recently did a biofuel flight with mustard seed fuel,
I’m sure it isn’t the first instances of airlines using this type of fuel thought. I have also heard (barely anything) about hydrogen powered planes as an alternative. Hydrogen would only create water as an emission.

1 Like

A:
Introduction of much more greener engines such as the 787’s GEnx

1 Like