Scenic Destinations

Do you guys know of any scenic areas in Eastern Europe? If so leave the ICAO down below thx!

2 Likes

LOWI has a nice scenic approach if you would like to check that out

5 Likes

Anywhere in and around Switzerland/Austria (Austrian Alps) will get you some nice pictures and/or views.

2 Likes

If you’re on the Ecpert Sevrer, I’d give Caracas a try hopefully with some ATC!

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions I’m trying to explore out of America and EGLL

Ylhi has a great beach approach for runway 28 I think.

1 Like

Here’s my list
LGKR, LGRP, LGPZ, LGAV, LGTS, LGIR, LGIQ, or anywhere in Greece 🇬🇷
LCPH or LCLX in Cyprus 🇨🇾

4 Likes

Innsbruck, Samzburg, Samedan & Ljuiblijan

3 Likes

I highly recommend Lugano, Samedan, Innsbruck, Sion and Klagenfurt!

1 Like

I highly recommend the Balkans, they have absolutely stunning scenery.

1 Like

Athens LGAV… plus I have been there in real life for a layover… nice view of scenery from the airport

1 Like

If you want to fly to where there’s lots of mountains and crazy approaches. I would try Bogota, Innsbruck, and Paro.

1 Like

If you want mountains, cool approaches, and a good combo of GA and commercial flying, then come to Montana! I would guess trying out KBZN, KGPI, and KMSO (my personal favorite).

1 Like

try BIIS
dangerous but very scenic

1 Like

Near Naples, Italy. (LIRN). Here you’ll find mount Vesuvius, and other mountains along the Amalfi coast to the south. Very scenic.

1 Like

I noticed almost none of the answers here are in Eastern Europe but if you consider it Europe then the Caucuses are beautiful. The rest of Eastern Europe is really just flat farmland so not the most scenic.

1 Like

ural mountains

My recommendations around Europe are: Andorra (LESU), Bolzano (LIPB), Ibiza (LEIB), Isle of Man (EGNS), London City (EGLC), Lugano (LSZA), Marrakech (GMMX), Mykonos (LGMK), Olbia (LIEO), Paris Le Bourget (LFPB), Salzburg (LOWS), St. Tropez (LFTZ).
Please note that airports in bold print are only suitable for general and business aviation (with exception of seasonal charters).

2 Likes

If you want to do something scenic and tricky, give Sochi (URSS) a try. It is nested between high mountains and the shoreline of Black sea and offers spectacular views, especially on sunset, and you can use the shiny new Nordwind B772 and Aeroflot A359 there. Just keep in mind that takeoffs are only from runways 20/24 and landings are on runways 02/06 without go arounds.
If you would like it, I suggest you also give Gelendzhik (URKG) and Mineralnie Vody (URMM) a try with the UtAir CRJ 200

2 Likes

Try flying to ENSB! You will get a flight you never will forget! I think Swiss sometimes fly there so that is probably a good route. You also get the whole Norway to see and Germany if you fly form Switzerland.

1 Like