Scenery update

There is no doubt the infinite flight is probably the best flight simulator out there but I keep noticing that the scenery is not always that realistic for example this is the Superdome in Infinite Flight

And this is the Superdome from a satellite image it would be nice if infinite flight had more realistic scenery

Here’s a big problem: satellite imagery is stupidly expensive. Thousands and thousands of dollars would have to be poured into acquiring scenery such as the one used by Apple.

Check this out, I think it’s pretty similar to what you’re asking for. :]

4 Likes

Yeah ok and then phones will overheat. Perhaps in another 3-5 years but for now we are working on clouds.

2 Likes

They already overheat… maybe Project Metal will fix some issues and then that’ll open up doors for better imagery, among other things.

1 Like

This is a duplicate like Pingu said. :)

I think I’m more interested in getting topographical info for the areas above I think 50 degrees north and south? ie ALASKA and NORWAY

60th not 50th.

That’s what it is, yah, I’m sure it’d be difficult but it is a huge missing piece in my eyes.

Yeah, it’s a pretty big area.

Fjords of norway and denali national park, two great areas for vfr.

True, I live in AK, and Anchorage is a city almost surrounded by mountains, but since it’s above the 60th parallel line, all its mountains are flat.