Scenery having a meltdown

Last several flights while on approach for landing the outside scenery suddenly scatters off and on.
I’ve deleted and reloaded the APP and did a hard re start on my new iPad Pro. Same problem. IF worked flawlessly until last night.
Anything else I can do? Thanks

1 Like

Re-Install IF

Try the following steps to resolve your issue:

• Relaunch Infinite Flight (make sure you stop it from running in the background first)
  • Before starting a new flight, Go to Settings —> General —> Tap “Clear scenery cache”. It’s in the bottom.
  • Start a flight (try on Solo first)

Note: In some rare cases, the steps above isn’t enough. If that should be the case, you will have to reinstall Infinite Flight.

Report back with the results.

That happened to me when I took off from Bangkok, and when I landed in New York. It made me go the wrong way when I was parking…

Have you installed the recent 19.1.03 hotfix? This should solve the issue.

I had the same situation yesterday and realize I didn’t have the current hotfix installed. Once installed, this visual glitch disappeared.

If that doesn’t work, try troubleshooting using the steps Khyle provided above!

3 Likes

Why are all of you repeating what’s been said?

2 Likes

Uh no it wasn’t cool.
I was on final approach to LAX after a nice pleasant flight and looking forward to a good landing when I lost all outside scenery.

Nuthum’ I hates worsen’ shutting down before landing. Really tightens my colon.

Lol I bet! I wonder if it was still possible to land using HUD. Would’ve really tested the skills!

Have you tried what I suggested above?

@Nathan also made some really cool points.

Black pearl, I thought about that but with absolutely zero outside references, I don’t see how that could be possible. Definitely beyond my skill level

2 Likes

You should take this up in a PM with @TheBlackPearl. 🙂

The problem he is showing is actually a known issue. Just re-install Infinite Flight, (or update), and the issue should be fixed.

There should be an update available, as Infinite Flight just released a hot fix for these issues.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Seems to be working fine now.

1 Like