SCAS-SCCY: Beautiful GA Flying in Chile

Today I took the Near North Aviation C172 down south to Chile. On the expert server, I departed from Cabo Juan Roman Airport (SCAS) in Puerto Aysen, Chile and took the scenic tour to Teniente Vidal Airport in Coyhaique, Chile (SCCY). Flight time approximately one hour.

Here is the Live Flight KML of this flight imported into Google Earth:
I followed the Aysen River after taking off rwy 25 at SCAS.

With the airport behind me, I turned north toward my first places of interest in sight: Volcan Maca and Volcan Cay:

At 10,500 feet, I approached Volcan Maca heading east. The passengers enjoyed looking out the right window with the mountain just a couple thousand feet below and Volcan Cay out in the distance ahead.
I then swung around the north side of Volcan Cay and over Lago Yulton.
Next I said goodbye to the mountains by following the brilliant blue color of Lago Meullin back down towards the Aysen River.
I then flew over Puerto Chacabuco towards Lago Riesco. We then did a 360 at the south of Lago Riesco and followed the Rio Blanco until meeting up again with the Aysen River.
Next I turned southeast and followed Rio Simpson and route 240 down to Coyhaique. We turned right base for rwy 21 at SCCY.
After landing I parked and faced Cerro Mackay in awe.

This is one of the many reasons I love Infinite Flight: I am able to see a place I’ll more than likely never make it to in real life. On top of that, I got to do this flight in that beautiful shiny new C172.

13 Likes

Great pictures. I love the scenery!

1 Like

Awesome pictures! That scenery looks amazing!

I love how they’re not crazily edited to the point where it’s not Infinite Flight anymore.

1 Like

The pictures are not edited at all.

1 Like

I appreciate it :)

This route looks amazing. Did you use a flight plan? Going to do this now.