Scary footage of B-52 Crash

I was searching around on Youtube watching B-52 crosswind landings, which trust me are way better than 747 crosswind landings and found this video from 1994 at Fairchild Airforce Base. I did some more digging around and found that the pilot in charge of the bomber was known to others as dangerous and many were unwilling to fly with him. You can see the plane turn at 80 degrees twice before stalling and killing all onboard. The 80 degrees turn was way out of the 45 degree design limit for the B-52. The pilot would’ve stressed the airframe, probably unknowingly, and the plane would not have responded to his control inputs when he needed them.

VERY GRAPHIC CONTENT AHEAD

B-52 Crash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pviuk_WuwmM

13 Likes

Wow…such a shame that a good airplane was destroyed by a incompetent/dangerous pilot.

3 Likes

Not only that, the pilot’s actions that day killed the FO and radio operators onboard.

7 Likes

That’s scary…

7 Likes

That video is basically me on the casual server when I’m bored…except I don’t crash. rip to the crew of that flight.

8 Likes

Yes, whenever I see plane crashes, it sends shivers down my spine.

Haha, me too! Except I do crash 😂. It’s so sad how one dodgy pilot took the lives of four others just to show his plane off, past its maximum limits.

5 Likes

Scary stuff! its shame others had to die as a result of his actions though

1 Like

I’ve seen this before, it’s so scary how it came crashing down on its side so fast. RIP

1 Like

Pretty simple to see what happened. An unusual attitude led to loss of lift/stall.

1 Like

That is obvious, I didn’t say I didn’t know how it would have crashed :-)

1 Like

Rip to those onboard that died due to bad judgement

2 Likes

I’ve seen this one before but still sends a chill down your spine! Good share though

2 Likes

I know. Some people can be so selfish :(

Anything can go wrong so quickly. Unfortunately, the other crew members could not stop the pilot of his actions.

Seems like every comment has rip in it ;). Still very sad that this pilot was even allowed to fly.

Everytime I watch the video, or any plane crash in general, I get so scared. It just makes you think what it would’ve been like if you were in the plane.

3 Likes

We all got to go sometime.

1 Like

Not a young FO with a child though. Maybe that pilot, yes, but not the rest of the crew members

1 Like

If they all know about his reputation they should’ve refused to fly with him.

1 Like

And they did, it’s just that that was the main part of an airshow so they had to fly with him

1 Like

Refuse the orders, the reprimand is worth saving your own life.

1 Like

I suppose… let’s stay on topic here ;)

1 Like

We are on topic, friendo.

Situational awareness is key.

1 Like