Scariest/Most difficult landing

What was your most difficult or scariest landing you’ve ever had while playing the game?
I know mine was just now landing in Sydney YSSY. When I’m on IF, I sometimes decide to turn off autopilot and go manual about 25 miles out. But this time it was a mistake. The turbulence was horrendous and I landed incredibly hard on the runway almost perpendicular after fighting the turbulence for 25 miles.
Feel free to share your experiences below.

3 Likes

(not counting the time there were 100kn+ wind in the caribbean).

My gyroscope on my ipad broke mid flight, and I was flying in a boeing 737 (no autoland). I had to land using the autopilot completely, including the flare, and the heading. Was quite a challenge, but a lot of fun.

6 Likes

My scariest landing was when i was flying with @JoshFly8 as Pilot. We still love him though 😁

12 Likes

YSSY right now have been quite difficult. I have to get the rudder correct and a few hours ago I jammed my rudder in the wrong direction which made it near impossible. Also on takeoff I rotated 10 knots too early, the wind suddenly dropped, I was down to around 80 knots, the left wing stalled and I barely missed a plane taxiing

2 Likes

Can’t believe you survived. Trauma must be horrible!
Sending prayers :(

4 Likes

Any landing into KNUC in TS1

5 Likes

My worst landing was landing at knuc ts1. A319 auto landing and then a delta plane enters the runway without permission!! I could not go around because I was right in front of the runway

2 Likes

Whilst I can’t remember my worst, I had a pretty bad one yesterday.

It was about 24 knots winds and there were big gusts and high turbulence in Sydney region in Expert. I was on approach, all was fine until I was about to touch down and I had a massive gust of wind as I touched down and it swung me around the runway. I luckily was able to control and come to a safe spot. I was in Cockpit View, so I dread to see the outside view of my landing, I bet it was horrendous.

2 Likes

Don’t feel too bad about the winds. I was controlling on TS1 and a plane was landing at 34R, they spun out and stopped facing the wrong direction, surprised they managed to stay the right way up.

4 Likes

When I landed a Dash 8 at LAX TS1 it skidded off the runway.

1 Like

My most difficult landing was when I first discovered WMBT, the hardest airport to land at in Infinite flight, I just assumed the airport would be on flat land and the approach would be easy like every other airport in the game and obviously I was wrong, I looked out the cockpit window only to realise the airport was right beside a huge hill and I was like… Aww 💩… So I stalled the plane to make it descend faster and of course, I crashed on the runway because I hit the ground to hard…Also I did not expect the runway to be that short at the time. To this day it is still the most difficult landing for me…

5 Likes

Yeah I had a hard time landing and taking off there too

2 Likes

This topic will be wayyyy better when global releases! Imagine all of the amazing approaches you’ll be able to do? Now in IF, there’s not very many “challenging approaches”.

2 Likes

Hey! Which airport? Yesterday?

YSSY had some extreme winds yesterday and a lot of planes crashed or severely damaged their plane when landing. I forced a plane to go around cause the wind was pushing them off the runway.

1 Like

Landing the special Space Shuttle

Wow, quite the story. I went out and tried this myself (no APPR of course) and although challenging, it is possible, and quite exciting as well.

1 Like

Most landings at Denver , winds are usually about 25knots… I think I now understand why they runways facing all directions!

yup, yesterday i had too a hard landing :’(

I landed at San Diego on TS1 in a LH 777F and my plane did an Initial D grade drift/spin out after landing

1 Like