Scared to fly Long Haul!

Wait, Huawei uses fast charge/super charge and I only have that!

2 Likes

Thanks guys for all your advice and opinions but in the end its best to call Huawei itself and aske em about this and thats what Im doing!

You don’t have a normal speed charger?

Good luck with calling Huawei, but I don’t really think that they can help very much.

I’ve done so many long hauls already, up to 16 or 17 hours, my iPad is still fine without any battery issues. Just make sure to clear the memory of your device before takeoff to prevent the app from crashing

I have Huaweis super charger that i got with my huawei p10.

2 Likes

Well… can you get a normal speed charger?
Fast charging degrades your battery faster.
While it may be handy if you want to charge quickly and then unplug your device, it shouldn’t really be used for really long periods of time. Like a overnight flight.

So if I use my normal charger/ the orginal huawei p10 charger it can damadged my phones battery life?

Hi ilan_Dridi! We already know each other! :D
You have got the Huawei P10, which is a pretty good phone. That what gets hot isn’t the battery, it is the processor. And if that is hot, it uses more battery. Processors are made to withstand such hot temperatures (if it gets too hot, your phone will automatically close IF). So if you set all your graphics to low and activate “automatic low power mode”, your phone will cool down a bit and there won’t be any problem. There are a lot pf players who play with worse phones and their battery isn’t damaged at all. So don’t worry about it, just fly and have fun!

If you use the fast charger over long periods of time, yes.
I’m not saying that you shouldn’t use it, I’m just saying that you shouldn’t use it for long hauls.
I mean, batteries always degrade. And, you can always replace the battery.

@Starley Heat in general is bad for the battery, as far as I know.

@Starley Ok thanks but when Im flying a long haul / overnight flight I put my phone on charging and I use huaweis p10 s orginal charger which is a super charger and @AidoLS is saying that my phone will get damaged if I use the supercharger because it charges really fast which mostly is a positive thing .

As I said, the phone knows where its limits are. So don’t worry. There is something called “battery efficiency”.
Meaning: If you have bought your phone recently, you are able to use 100% of your battery. After a certain amount of time, your battery efficiency will drop and you will be able to use 95% of your battery. (if you use it for a longer time then it will drop more).
For example, if you have the S8, which has fast charging included, you will be able to use the 100% of your battery for 1-2 years. Every phone is different, that was just an example (stated by Samsung).
So, if he lowers his graphics and activates “automatic low power mode”, his phone won’t get too hot.
And what is a fast charger? It is a charger which has a stronger output than other chargers. So that won’t be a problem.
@ilan_Dridi

1 Like

So Im good to go then?

1 Like

Just lower your graphics settings and activate low power mode and you are good to go. Set it to high again when you start approaching the airport.

1 Like

Ok thanks! Looking forward to my first long vhaul flight tonight XD

1 Like

Your battery life won’t be shortened any faster than it usually would. The battery, at time of manufacture, has an approximate number of recharges that it was designed for. Keeping it on a charger at 100% for extended periods of time will shorten the batteries life. That’s why it’s good to run it all the way down to 10-15% before charging again. Alot of other factors determine battery longevity that you need to consider also heat, humidity, and sun exposure. IF, in my experience, does not require massive battery power for the main “sticking point”, it requires dedication of the device. So as long as your internet connection is stable, have no fear! Fly that long haul route you’ve been wanting to.

And as others mentioned: turn UI time out to 2 seconds with status bar timing out with it. Graphics to low, live planes to low, camera to “scenic” and turn brightness all the way down. Then put on charge while you sleep, if you need to.
But as long as you have checked the winds at Alt along your route and you are satisfied with FL, speed, and FPL, you should have no problem.

I’ve done: KLAX-EGLL, EGLL-YSSY, EGLL-WMKK, EGLL-RJAA, KLAX-YSSY, etc.

2 Likes

Does it matter if I have a case on my phone during the flight?

1 Like

I understand that. However, a fast charger still will degrade the battery a bit faster.
I never said that it would be a drastic change, I just said that I wouldn’t recommend it if he had the option.

2 Likes

Not really, but you can take it out if you’re phone will be in a safe place.
It would only help keep the phone cool, so it depends on how thick your case is.
I don’t personally take out the case, as it would be too big of a hassle.

I would take it off, because depending on your case, it might be harder for your phone to cool down. If it is very thick, then take it off. If it isn’t, it doesn’t/shouldn’t matter.

1 Like

I’m sure 6 other people said this, but your phone will more than likely not overheat and die, or explode, or implode, or turn into a crazy robo thing that wants revenge. If you turn down all graphics, turn the lighting all the way down, close any other apps, put it in scenic cam (2), and plug your phone into the charger. Yes, it will get hot, but not so much that the phone will do any of the above. Once it reaches 100% battery, the heating should stop.
Hope this helps, @DiamondGaming4

1 Like