SBGR ATIS Issue

I was about to do a SR22 flight from SBGR but it says no light aircraft during the GA theme of today
does anyone know whats going on?

2 Likes

GA isn’t just light aircraft - the Citation X counts.

Citation X isn’t classified as light aircraft. the only aircraft officially recognized as light are C172, SR22, XCub, Spitfire and P38

3 Likes

Ah ok, I didn’t realise that the C750 counted as GA

1 Like

It is most likely in the ATIS due to the high amount of traffic, and the other airports being open to GA with SBGR serving as the main commercial hub. The speed of the C172 vs a standard 777 for example, would cause a ridiculous delay and problems.

2 Likes

If you want to do some GA in a light go show some of the other airports some love, you’ll get going a lot faster too as it’s extremely busy at SBGR at the minute :)

2 Likes

Hey @tominski! The main reason why ATIS doesn’t allow lights is if there are a lot of bigger, heavier, faster aircraft around that would get slowed down in the presence of light aircraft. I’m sure that if everyone took today’s GA theme to heart and showed up in GA aircraft, lights would be allowed. However, since a lot of aircraft today happen to not fit the theme, lights can’t be allowed.

2 Likes

Answered, multiple times.