Saying Goodbye to FNF

Oh I just have a feeling this last FNF will be so crowded…

1 Like

Please be April Fools, please be April Fools, please be April Fools.

This is going to be tough, always having a place to go for Friday nights was awesome, knowing ATC will be there, knowing it will be traffic packed.

I know this is bound to happen as change is inevitable. However, I cannot wait to how this does.

2 Likes

Sad to see that event go, it was something amazing for the whole community but not only for the community, also for the VA/VO’s. This will miss us a lot but I’m sure you guys, at Infinite Flight have idea in mind of something new !

Thanks for all of those years with that event every friday!

2 Likes

Oh don’t worry - there will still be regular events and mass chaos 😂

17 Likes

I think the biggest issue with this change is that if you flew into a smaller airport in FNF, it would be similar to a normal flight except you have a much higher chance of getting ATC. Whereas for most other events there are usually so many people departing at once you have to wait in line.
It will be a good idea for people to start planning events that have more scattered departure times just to avoid these line ups.

Hopefully so! I am busy that day but I will find time to fly and control. Need to experience this one more time.

2 Likes

And hopefully no IFATC officers giving everyone violations…

3 Likes

Thank you to the staff members who put on hundreds of these official events, consistently every week for 7 years! 🙌🏻

11 Likes

I never said that was a good thing 😂

This is somewhat sad, but I’m so excited to see members’ events be featured! May the good times live on :)

This is what I was afraid of… another good thing to go… that’s so sad…
I hope some new events of this kind will be officially hosted, these have always more impact than community ones

Why? I don’t understand why FNF is gone☹️

NO MORE GA DAYYYYYSSSSSS :(:(:(:( @Kostas_K can your next one be GA or Military please??? Or anyone else too :)

The worst part is that I won’t even be able to attend this one. And knowing that we’ll never have these again…

BRB, weeping.

4 Likes

Now you do

1 Like

RIP…FNF it was fun while we had you and had memorable experiences …including my very first GHOST as a newbie flying into another aircraft in a congested FNF airspace… Well as Jason says good things come to an end…but it is only the Beginning of Better Things! 🤞🤞🤞

1 Like

Why are they ending it?

That’s why

ok so can the community do FNF?

not that it’ll be endorsed by IF or anything

I think it would be a little odd to name an event FNF after the brand is retired. I’d advise against that.

4 Likes