Saying Goodbye to FNF

Blog article by Jason Rosewell

The Infinite Flight FNF brand has become a household name in the simulation community. For over 7 years, we have hosted Friday Night Flight events over Millions of flights in regions around the world. This week, with mixed emotions we say goodbye in our FNF Grand Finale.

Join the event!

Get all the details and join in on the fun one more time!

212 Likes

I’m sad now
:(

17 Likes

Please read the article. They will be incorporating community events in.

2 Likes

To say the least, I am fairly gutted that this had to come to a close, considering how much of a staple it was of the community. My hopes are still high however, and I’m willing to see what the future including what’s in the thread with hold for us.

23 Likes

Yea, ive seen.

I don’t understand, why can’t you have both community events AND Friday night flights?

2 Likes

Truly the end of an era… I’ll never forget the times where I’d get to control an airport with 300 inbounds for FNF. It shall be missed.

23 Likes

No no no NO!

Oh god, no. 😢

I’m pretty devastated ngl. I’ve looked forward to those familiar “Friday Night Flight” posts every week since I was a simple TL0…to not have them is gonna leave a gaping hole in my heart. RIP FNFs!

15 Likes

This is a combination of needing to move on, dedicating human resources, and taking a more community-centric approach. All good things must come to an end 🙂

I know many will be sad about this but worry not. We’re still going to have lots of fun!

17 Likes

Now for the new one! Let’s call it Saturday Night Live 😁

35 Likes

Hmmm I see some copyright issues cropping up. Can’t imagine why though.

16 Likes

Nooooo. All the sneak peaks. 😭😞

2 Likes

Not sure but I think that’s already a thing…

3 Likes

Wow! The days where controllers would do mass coordination and a system would flow. From the view of a pilot, the mass chaos on the ground and delays in the air. It will be missed big time. Hope to see days where there can be major turn out to experience the FNF moments.

13 Likes

Oh I just have a feeling this last FNF will be so crowded…

1 Like

Please be April Fools, please be April Fools, please be April Fools.

This is going to be tough, always having a place to go for Friday nights was awesome, knowing ATC will be there, knowing it will be traffic packed.

I know this is bound to happen as change is inevitable. However, I cannot wait to how this does.

2 Likes

Sad to see that event go, it was something amazing for the whole community but not only for the community, also for the VA/VO’s. This will miss us a lot but I’m sure you guys, at Infinite Flight have idea in mind of something new !

Thanks for all of those years with that event every friday!

2 Likes

Oh don’t worry - there will still be regular events and mass chaos 😂

17 Likes

I think the biggest issue with this change is that if you flew into a smaller airport in FNF, it would be similar to a normal flight except you have a much higher chance of getting ATC. Whereas for most other events there are usually so many people departing at once you have to wait in line.
It will be a good idea for people to start planning events that have more scattered departure times just to avoid these line ups.

Hopefully so! I am busy that day but I will find time to fly and control. Need to experience this one more time.

2 Likes