Saturday's IFATC - We want YOUR Opinion

G’day Everyone,

As we’re sure you’re aware, on Saturday we will have Indonesia, Papua New Guniea, Australia and New Zealand in the spotlight for IFATC’s schedule. Before you go ahead and plan your long haul flight into Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne; we’d like to hear from you on what we have planned for Saturday…

On Saturday, we’d like for you all to step back from the major, and most popular cities, that always get the traffic when we open. Instead, we’d love for you to join us in exploring the rural areas of such nations…

For simplicity, we’ve set this out kind of like an FNF… But, you will have multiple hubs dependant on where you’d like to fly, and airports backing up those hubs - for you to fly to.

So, in order for you to have your say in this, we invite you to vote on the poll at the bottom of this topic. Now, it’s time to spill some beans…

In Indonesia, we’d be hoping to open the following airports:

• Jakarta (WIII/CGK) - the hub for Indonesia.
  • Denpasar (WADD/DPS) - secondary hub.
  • Balikpapan (WALL/BPN) - secondary hub.
  • Lombok (WADL/LOP) - secondary hub.

Other options include:

• Jayapura (WAJJ/DJJ)
  • Makassar (WAAA/UPG)
  • Surabaya (WARR/SUB)
  • Medan (WIMM/KNO)

In New Zealand, we’d be hoping to open the following airports:

• Christchurch (NZCH/CHC) - the hub for New Zealand.
  • Queenstown (NZQN/ZQN) - secondary hub.
  • Palmerson North (NZPM/PMR) - secondary hub.
  • Dunedin (NZDN/DUD) - secondary hub.

Other options include:

• Rotorua (NZRO/ROT)
  • Napier (NZNR/NPE)
  • Wellington (NZWN/WLG)
  • Blenheim (NZWB/BHE)

In Australia, we’d be hoping to open the following airports:

• Brisbane (YBBN/BNE) - the hub for Australia.
  • Adelaide (YPAD/ADL) - secondary hub.
  • Coffs Harbour (YCFS/CFS) - secondary hub.
  • Port Lincoln (YPLC/PLO) - secondary hub.

Other options include:

• Darwin (YPDN/DRW)
  • Dubbo (YSDU/DBO)
  • Townsville (YBTL/TSV)
  • Hamilton Island (YBHM/HTI)

In Papua New Guniea, we’d be hoping to open up the following airports:

• Port Moresby (AYPY/POM) - the hub for PNG.
  • Mount Hagen (AYMH/HGU) - secondary hub.

Other options include:

• Lae (AYNZ/LAE) - uncontrolled airport

To be clear, the airports listed are the ones that will have a higher chance of being controlled; they’re a list of recommended airports that we’d love to see you fly to. Not to mention, we would love to hear suggestions that you may have for us!

Below is a poll, this poll let’s us know whether you’d like for this idea to go ahead, or not. Please vote, as this helps us decide what you would like from us on Saturday…

• Yes, I would like for this idea to go ahead
  • No, I’d prefer to fly to the main(stream) airports instead…

0 voters

We’d love for you to explore the these nations, as much as we love controlling new places! Thank you for your vote, it is very appreciated (unless you voted for the mainstream routes - they’re boring. It’s okay if you did, you’re entitled to your opinon ).

On behalf of the IFATC team, we wish you an amazing 2020, and decade ahead.

Best Regards,
-The IFATC Team

26 Likes

Great to see other airports than just Sydney and Auckland! Love this idea!

8 Likes

Thanks Luke! We do need to get out there and fly to new places…

2 Likes

Christchurch for the win! I havent flown there in ages so I’m dying to fly back!

3 Likes

Yes! Christchurch is such an amazing place…

Would love to see Papeete? Maybe? Please?

1 Like

I know that @George will be controlling at his home country, Indonesia and I’ve told him that I’ll stop by at Bali on Saturday. Should be tons of fun.

As for the airports mentioned in this topic, I most definitely look forward to fly to BNE and Christchurch as well :)

2 Likes

I don’t control the schedules, that’s up to Tyler. Although, yes! I’d love to see Papeete!

BNE and CHC are amazing places, which offer beautiful approaches and dpartures. Which is why they’re in the list!

2 Likes

Indeed they are! I’ve recently visited Adelaide a lot so I thought of taking a trip east, to BNE this time and also may do some shorter hops around NZ.

Thanks for you making thread Adam. Very informative and helpful for me a Pilot to get inspiration and ideas as to where I should fly and where I could possibly meet up with IFATC upon departure and arrival :)

2 Likes

No worries! Let’s hope everyone else agrees…

2 Likes

Can’t wait to fly into queenstown in case it gets opened!

1 Like

Didn’t think I would be able to convince you 😏

3 Likes

We have failed, someone just opened YSSY. It’s going to suck all of the traffic into YSSY.

1 Like

Special Thanks and Come and Fly to Indonesia!

Try to explore Indonesia aswell! Currently we have 3 different airports in Java Island :

Airport City TGA Controller Approach/Departure Controller
WIII Jakarta @Sunseeker58 @Kamaniya
WARR Surabaya @Gabe_Z -
WADD Denpasar Bali @infiniteflight_17 -

Kudos to these controllers above and don’t forget to stop by to their session. I guarantee you all, it would be a lovely sight ;)

Suggested Routes

WARR-WIII

WARR R1690 OM10 LASEM CUCUT MADIN KIDET GAPRI WETES ESALA DKI WIII

WIII-WARR

WIII SAMBA CKG13 INDIA DKI ESALA WETES GAPRI KIDET MADIN CUCUT LASEM WARR

WADD-WIII

WADD DD402 DD401 LINTA ABD SLO IMU DKI WIII

WIII-WADD

WIII BTO HH403 IMU ANY SBR SIPUS BENOA DD408 WADD

6 Likes

I am already planning my flight schedule to match the ATC controlled airports that I want to fly to
Thank you for putting aside time out of your day to control the ES skies!

1 Like

Wonder who that was…image

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.