Saturday Spotting Miami Intl Airport, Miami, Florida ( KMIA )

Welcome to part 3 and the finale of my South Florida 🏝️🍊 spotting series! After posting 10 of my many captures in both West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale 🏝️πŸ›₯️ it’s time head down to Miami 🏝️😎 and do some more spotting at the biggest out of the 3 SoFlo airports. And just like the others, pretty depressing today so the clouds and fog will be here today as well but let’s get started, shots are in no particular order!

Kicking things off with a relatively new airline, Norse Atlantic Airways with their Boeing 787-9 service from Olso, Norway πŸ‡³πŸ‡΄ when they first commenced long haul operations, they actually flew to Fort Lauderdale 🏝️πŸ›₯️ rather than the 305 🏝️😎 and even expanded there a lot but like most long haul international carriers, they ditched FLL in favor of MIA so they left and here they are now. Azul still serves FLL from Brazil πŸ‡§πŸ‡· but that’s about it for long hauls to and from FLL but that’s better than PBI because they got nothing but let’s just move on.

MIA is American Airlines 3rd biggest hub and their primary getaway to Latin America and the Caribbean and it’s also my favorite hub but they still do have a market in Europe, this coming from one of their 4 destinations in Europe from here. London, UK πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§β˜•οΈ on their best plane the mighty Boeing 777-300ER with a nice sunset to go along with it! πŸŒ…πŸ§‘

Just like their other hubs, you can see some wide bodies deployed on the domestic market usually between 2 hubs this Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner heads from their best to biggest hub of Dallas DFW!

AA has a very big presence in these vacation destinations. With Vieux Fort, St Lucia πŸ‡±πŸ‡¨πŸοΈ being of them served daily usually with the Boeing 737-800 but today it seems to be on the Airbus A321 the only major US airline that serves these destinations greatly is probably JetBlue from New York JFK πŸ—½πŸŽ or even Spirit from FLL.

I’ll be doing exactly this next Friday to kick off the Christmas πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸŽ season! This American Boeing 737-800 makes it way down Runway 8R for its flight down to Cali, Colombia πŸ‡¨πŸ‡΄ racing the Spirit A320 from FLL on the flight down!

Nassau, Bahamas πŸ‡§πŸ‡ΈπŸοΈ is also a pretty popular destination for vacationers and the fact that Bimini is less than 100 miles away from the mainland USA πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ makes it more popular this AA A319 heads off to NAS today. I’ve flown their A319 from here in MIA to BogotΓ‘, Colombia πŸ‡¨πŸ‡΄ back in May and it’s a very cozy plane especially with its interior aesthetic.

Most AA hubs only transatlantic flight is usually to LHR like from LAX or PHX usually for people to connect with British Airways in London πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§β˜•οΈ But from MIA, they offer flights to Madrid and Barcelona, Spain πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Έ and seasonally Paris, France πŸ‡«πŸ‡· this Boeing 777-200ER is about to take off for its flight over to MAD usually served by the B788 but now with the B772 flew one last month and it may be my last time since AA is planning on phasing them out for newer Dreamliners and Airbus A321XLRs.

These unlucky people! AA B738 coming in from Medellin, Colombia πŸ‡¨πŸ‡΄ been there once and I loved it, I want to go back again so bad!

Here is the longest scheduled passenger flight from here in MIA, Emirates B77W service to Dubai, UAE πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ͺ and I officially booked those tickets so an Emirates trip report is OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED for June 2024 for my Maldives πŸ‡²πŸ‡»πŸοΈ trip. Soo excited!! πŸ˜†

Last but not least, here we got Lufthansa with their seasonal Airbus A350-900 from Munich, Germany πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ which compliments their year round service to Frankfurt with the queen of the skies the Boeing 747-8. This service previously saw the Airbus A340-600 but this year they changed it to the A359. Thanks for viewing this spotting series and an extra thank you for viewing all 3 spotting sessions at PBI, FLL and now MIA stay turned for next Friday as we fly to Cali, Colombia πŸ‡¨πŸ‡΄ with American Airlines for a Christmas party in the skies and as always between now and the next time, see you in the sky! πŸ˜‰πŸ‘‹

18 Likes

Lovely pics! I love MIA

1 Like

Miami was my hometown airport and I mostly flew on American’s 737, A320, E175, and their CRJ-700.

1 Like

MIA Is also a very nostalgic airport for me, I’m commonly flying out of FLL now since it’s cheaper and closer to my house but there are times I fly out of MIA instead.