SAS joining SkyTeam!

Yes, it’s true… one of the founding members of The Star Alliance will be leaving for SkyTeam. This comes after a 1,2 billion dollar investment from AF-KLM for 20% of the SAS group to get SAS out of chapter 11 bankruptcy in the US.

https://www.sasgroup.net/newsroom/press-releases/2023/sas-reaches-major-milestone-in-sas-forward--announces-the-winning-consortium-including-details-of-the-transaction-structure/
IMG_0288

Long live SAS!

19 Likes

That only means one thing 😏

3 Likes

NNOOO , no way!

4 Likes

Whaaaaaaatttttt noooooo waaaaaaayyyyy

They are joining them

4 Likes

Read this article: Dette betyr SAS-endringene for deg – E24

It is in Norwegian, but use Google Translate to translate everything.

3 Likes

This is the saddest thing. Star Alliance hasn’t gained a single member since Air India in 2014, and now SAS are leaving.

7 Likes

Such a shame. Looking beyond the fact that I’ve lost 30.000 DKK worth of stock, Star Alliance is simply a better alliance than SkyTeam. As a *A Gold member, I’m excited to see what will happen in the near future. The airlines available in SkyTeam is simply of less quality compared to the ones in *A. As a Dane, however, I’m glad that SAS will survive, and considering I travel to Atlanta 1-2 times a year, hopefully this’ll mean a direct route to ATL.

8 Likes

Oh hell nah now we got another Skyteam member

5 Likes

Yep, btw congrats on the cake day!

3 Likes

That’s a real shame…

Really sad, especially with a founding member.

1 Like

Thanks! 🎂🎉

1 Like

Yep, AF-KLM now own a fifth of The SAS group

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong here. But investing stock in SAS feels like a rather risky move regardless? Feels like it’s been turbulent for ”us” there for many many years?

3 Likes

Buy the dips and sell the rips!

4 Likes

For sure. But my general feeling about SAS the past 15-20yrs have been nothing but dips :)

3 Likes

I’m obviously no Gordon Gekko, but…

8 Likes

That’s a critical situation right here

1 Like

That’s a day trade and/or swing trade then. Unless the long term has decent dividends.

1 Like

On Swedish news they said that buying stocks in SAS was riskier than buying a lottery ticket😂

1 Like