Santa Marta National Park Loop

I have been following the eastern coastline of South America, and most of the terrain has been flat and uneventful. But on the boundary between Venezuela and Colombia are the rugged Sierra Nevada mountains of Santa Marta National Park. The flight plan below makes a loop around the National Park, taking off from Santa Marta, Colombia (SKSM) and returning. The flight lasted 68 minutes in a C-208 on the Training Server. Cruising altitude was 13,00 ft, descending to 5,000 ft on the coastline leg of the loop. Local time was around 1:30 PM. Below are the flight plan and a few pictures from the flight.
Route: SKSM 1044N/7406W 1025N/7356W 1037N/7324W 1111N/7309W 1115N/7401W ENTIP SKSM
#1. 1. Taking off from Santa Marta, Colombia (SKSM).

#2. Leaving Santa Marta with Caribbean Sea in the distance.

#3. My trusty C-208 on the eastern side of Santa Marta National Park.

#4. The southern side of Santa Marta National Park with Cristóbal Colón Peak even with the cabin in this view.

#5. Eastern side of Santa Marta National Park with Cristóbal Colón and Simón Bolivar peaks in the distance.

#6. Starting the coastline leg of the loop.

#7. Caribbean Sea on the northern Colombia coast.

#8. Approach to Santa Marta airport (SKSM).

#9. Landing at Santa Marta, Colombia (SKSM).

6 Likes

It is Colombia not Columbia

Thank you, Juan. That was a stupid mistake on my part.

Yeah its a very common error.

1 Like

Colombia has some truly spectacular scenery. This is a part of the country I’m yet to explore in IF but it looks beautiful!

1 Like

Thanks. This was a new discovery for me and I was really impressed with the scenery.