Hi IFC, I recently flew on United’s Micronesian route from San Francisco to Guam via Honolulu. This unique, 11 and a half hour, scenic flight, takes you more than half way across the Pacific Ocean to the beautiful island territory of Guam, served by the infamous Boeing 777-200er.
Background information about Guam:
- Guam is a beautiful U.S. island territory located in Micronesia, in the Western Pacific Ocean. It’s known for its glistening tropical beaches, golden sunsets, Chamorro villages and it’s architecture, such as the famous ancient latte-stone pillars.
Detailed flight information:
- Expert server
- Takeoff time (first leg): 09:05 - SFO
- Arrival time (first leg): 11:24 - HNL
- Takeoff time (second leg): 14:20 - HNL
- Arrival time (second leg): 18:05+1 - GUM
- Route: SFO - HNL - GUM
- Callsign (first leg): United UA 1175
- Callsign (second leg): United UA 201
Below are pictures of the flight, please let me know what you think of them. :)
Passengers boarding at United’s domestic terminal 3 as ground grew loads the cargo for today’s flight.
Ready for taxi to runway 28L at SFO in front of China Airline’s beautiful Airbus A350-900 bound for Taipei.
Rotate, positive climb, gear up.
Goodbye 👋 San Francisco Bay Area!
Hello Hawaii! 🌺
Descending into Honolulu with a stunning right engine view of Kailua beach.
Touchdown on runway 8L at Honolulu International, one leg down and one more to go.
See you later Hawaii!
Somewhere over the Western Pacific Ocean.
First sight of Guam and decent.
Final runway 6L at Guam International.
Welcome to Guam!