San Francisco Night Bay Tour Photos

I did not make the track, it’s a remix of Light by San Holo.

I did chop up the audio a little bit though so the video would be under 1 minute for Instagram purposes.

1 Like

The 50mm f/1.2 is indeed a great lens. Great low light performance. Beautiful photos you’ve got here.

1 Like

Then all those things were more than perfect cuz these are amazing

These shots are amazing 😍

Chris, you got some natural talent. Those shots are well, jaw dropping.

Nicely done!

Amazing shots. Very high quality, were you flying the plane while taking the photos?

Beautiful pictures, Chris! Fabulous stuff. I liked the one with the San Francisco City Hall with that bridge to the left hand side.

These are immaculate! Literally speechless over the quality. Beautiful photos Chris! 💯

1 Like

Right! I seriously want to frame some of these. I’ve always been drawn to that city:

1 Like

Wow i am astonished great work

Thank you, and yes the 50mm is a great lens and I’m pretty sure it’s one of the widest aperature lenses Canon makes. Had I shot with any other lens, they all would’ve been too dark since I was shooting nearly all of these at f/1.2-1.4 the whole night.

1 Like

Thanks man, a lot of my shots weren’t crisp which is what I was expecting. But for those that did like the ones above, i was really put to the test editing to make them look even better!

Thanks Brandon, I’d be happy to send you the full resolution of any photo that you’d like if you do want to frame them :) I have several more too that I didn’t post here that you might like framed as well. I be happy to send them your way!

1 Like

Heck yes I’ll PM/DM you for them

1 Like

Thanks Chris, this was one of my favorite shoots I’ve done and I’m happy you like the photos. I wouldn’t call it natural talent tho, just lots of hard work and learning over the years :D

1 Like

Thanks! And no, I was definitely not flying the plane when I took these. If you watch the video I made at the end of the topic, I was in the right seat shooting out the co-pilot’s window. My friend and also the owner of the DA-40 was PIC for this flight.

Thank you! The City Hall Photo was one of my favorites from the flight as well. I only managed to snap 2 photos of that building, so I was very lucky that one of them came out as crisp as it did.

1 Like

Thanks Matt, glad you like the photos. Using the lens I did definitely had a huge impact on the quality and it shows. The editing also might’ve helped out a bit too ;)

1 Like

Beautiful pictures. I have been to SF several times and yet these pictures give it a totally different and much more beautiful perspective. Excellent work! Kudos to you.

I’m assuming this is how he got such great night photos? (Seriously these are some of the best aviation night photos I’ve ever seen)