San Diego Spotting Questions

Hey!

I’m going to San Diego soon and would love some suggestions on where to spot for either North Island or the international airport. Thank you!

1 Like

Your best bet at North Island is probably Coronado Beach. If you’re not on base, it’s somewhat tough to spot at.

1 Like

thats what i was thinking

just making sure its allowed 😅

1 Like

Yeah, you can. It just isn’t easy to get good shots factoring in the runway usage and lighting.

1 Like

The one great spot for SAN has entirely closed down due to construction for the airport expansion. The guide I linked below is pretty up to date but you’ll find that there’s really only 3 spots for SAN. Another one not listed that I’ve used once before is the Liberty Station Esplanade for 27 departures. It’ll be more belly shots than side shots but you can move around the park accordingly.

1 Like

sweet thanks!

1 Like

There’s a public park right at the departure end of SAN’s runway 27, lots of awesome overhead shots and sweet pics of aircraft taking off. They fly over pretty low too sometimes, worth checking out. However there were some homeless people within the vicinity, no one did anything bad but have your head on a swivel or have someone with you just for safe practice.

1 Like

that sounds perfect, thanks!

1 Like

i’ll be here in may, When do you leave @MrGoatX

a month from now

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.