Samaritan's Purse DC-8

With permission from Samaritans Purse I can share these and these are all my photos.

My good friend is the Chief Pilot for Samaritans Purse to share these photos. Samaritans Purse flew their CASA 212 and DC-8 to Alaska this morning!
The aircraft carried about 18 thousand pounds of medical equipment ready for the outbreak of COVID-19 into our villages.

This DC-8 was built in 1969 and began its life with Finnair, kinda cool Here is the first flight of the DC-8

It took the crew about 6 hours to arrive into Anchorage this morning, the Governor, Alaska Incident Command Staff and the Alaska State Troopers waited for her arrival into ANC.

When the DC-8 arrived we all waited for the team to put the stairs up so we could walk up to the DC-8. After the Govenor did a tour the Chief Pilot, the CASA 212 and myself got right to work to offload the DC-8.

After all the fun was done we were able get a tour of the DC-8, it holds 32 passengers and up to 50 thousand LBS of cargo.

It takes 3 guys to operate the DC-8, Pilot, Co Pilot and a Flight Engineer

It was funny, after we uploaded our cookie sheets an AN-124 was getting ready to take off, we all got to the cargo door, took a ton of photos and a window opened from the AN-124 and three different
phones came out to take photos of us!

Hope yea enjoyed these photos!

34 Likes

Those are some nice photos!

2 Likes

Thank yea! It was such a cool opportunity!

2 Likes

I swear to everything you’re the luckiest person on the forum, you see many different aircraft lots of iconic aircraft and rare aircraft, and man you’re living the life. I love these photos.

1 Like

Lol I was so happy that they came out! I have been trying for years to get on this jet

1 Like

I love these photos! It’s so interesting to see the DC-8, too.

1 Like

Such an amazing opportunity to get on a DC-8. Once the one of the kings of the aviation industry, now long retired and forgotten. Only a few, like this one, still flying. Now that’s what I call awesome!

Rare plane meets rare plane, gotta get some photos of both of them!

2 Likes

Thank you! Theres 2 in the US actively operating, this one 782SP and then NASA’s 817NA, we may see another one soon!

1 Like

It was funny we all stood in the door way, maybe we’ll see it on social media lol

1 Like

Maybe, it’s likely since lots of people have access to it now.

1 Like

dude, that’s sick. Love the photos man!

1 Like

Lol I hope so, that’ll be great

Thank you! Glad yea enjoyed them!

Here’s a few others from the Governor of Alaska!

4 Likes

Hey, I saw this flight take off this morning from GSO back to Alaska! https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N782SP

2 Likes

Its been up here a few times. I have been dispatching it I hung out with the crew couple of days ago. We were able park in front of Ross Aviation and have a show!

2 Likes

So a DC-8 has not only visited once, but multiple times!? Lucky. I’ve always wanted to see a DC-8. 🤤

1 Like

About half a dozen times so far! This is my third DC-8 seeing and first one to fly on

1 Like

I stumbled across the pictures only now, but that’s an unique airplane! Thanks for sharing these really interesting impressions!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.