Saint Jude Children's Research Hospital Livery

Jude

Hi Everyone,

An excerpt from www.stjude.org

Unsure of his life’s direction, a young Danny Thomas sought guidance from St. JudeThaddeus, the patron saint of hopeless causes. If the saint would point to the path he should take, Danny vowed to build a shrine in his name. Success followed Danny’s plea and soon after, the legendary entertainer set about fulfilling his vow to St. Jude. The result was St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

If you could close your eyes for a moment and think back to when you were a kid. How wide your eyes opened and your heart filled with joy when you saw a plane. You knew it! your knew you wanted to get involved with aviation. If you thought about the children at Saint Judes Children’s Research Hospital while your eyes was closed I did to! you are not alone. I know all of you want to help the children at Saint Jude’s and I thought of a beautiful way the folks at FDS can help us!

I’d like to formally request that Flying Development Studios design the first ever Saint Jude Children’s Research Hospital Livery! with 100% of the proceeds going to help the children there. The chosen plane will of course be at FDS’s discretion but your vote makes this happen! I just have one request! the St. Jude logo be placed on both wings! A very symbolic gesture if you think about it.

• Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food — because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.

• St. Jude has treated children from all 50 states and from around the world .

• Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% to more than 80%** since it opened more than 50 years ago.

So please help me and this great organization by voting today!

Note:
Saint Jude’s Children Research Hospital logo picture was taken from their website and is not owned by me.

I recommend putting what aircraft or airline this is for.

4 Likes

Looks quite interesting. Which aircraft, do you think will this livery apply to?

1 Like

I wanted Flying Development Studios to decide which aircraft they would do it for I didnt wanna say the A350 and throw off their timeline. Does that make sense?

1 Like

So it would be a fully designed livery and not just a add-on to a current livery like the FedEx C208?

Empire (FedEx Feeder) puts select names of children from St. Jude’s Childrens Hospital on their aircraft (See Below):

5 Likes

Thats totally up to Flying Development Studios. They are all very creative and im sure they can do a beautiful livery. The picture you posted was dedicated for that kid in the pic not the hospital as a whole. Please notice the kid’s name under the logo “Tyler”

I think this is very cool and creative-

The only problem that I think could pop up could be with licensing- St. Jude might not want IF using their brand in-game.

Also, if this was hypothetically approved and put in-game, it would basically open the door to other hypothetical fictitious liveries being approved, for example a Papa John’s Pizza a380-800.

5 Likes

I think we are capable of doing this. I have a lot of hope and a lot of faith in each and every person on the forums.

I’m not saying it’s a bad idea, but it would have to be a one-off addition, unless the IFC mods plan on starting to allow fictitious livery requests. People would then request any fictitious livery at personal whim, which would inevitably clog the forum.

4 Likes

What @Yacht presented here is basically vital to the realistic setting of Infinite flight as a whole and the storage in game. This is a mobile game (unless an emulator is used) and there is only so much that can be done. A fictitious livery might also waste the time and storage needed for a far more important and realistic livery, such as a United 77W or a Hainan 787-8 and -9. It would overall be a waste of Infinite Flight LLC’s and FDS’ time and money. In my opinion.

1 Like

Now, this addition would be a separate scenario because the livery exists in real life. Not a massive change to the livery, so not sure if it would be worth it to add or not. Might be something to consider though.

2 Likes

I appreciate everyone’s comments here and I hope to continue hearing them! I’d also like to see you vote if you want to help make our voices heard on this. Thanks!

1 Like

No… I’m not so sure you understand the request. @Shawn_Coleman is trying to say that by adding a SJCH livery on an aircraft, it can raise awareness for the cause.

Creative Request!

2 Likes

Then you might as well raise awareness for any cause. This raises questions such as why this corporation and not others? Where is a LLS livery? Where are WWF liveries? Where are the Fedex&WWF special liveries? Shouldn’t there be an LGBTQ+ Support livery? What about Karz4Kidz?

I was making examples as per why this feature request might not be the most supported.

If you care about these features, you can request them! However, an Ice Cream truck livery is nothing like raising awareness for the LGBTQ community via a livery.
Feel free to continue this in PM if you would like.

1 Like

I suggest you also look at what @Yacht said, so why are you pointing fingers at me specifically and not the both of us?

Hmmm- this creates another problem. If IF were to introduce this livery, it will spark discussion over whether IF supports the “cause” or not. Same with other liveries like a

livery, for example. Same with an LGBTQ+ livery.

I am of the opinion that IF should stay far, far away from very touchy and sensitive topics that many people are personally connected to. No need to take a side or get involved through a fictitious livery at all.

EDIT- I’m of course not saying that IF doesn’t support the fight against childhood cancer, I’m just saying that making this livery could open the door to issues explored in my post above^

2 Likes

I do like this idea, but this would be hard with the subscription method…

2 Likes

Yes, you guys had the same idea but analyze the tone of what you guys are saying.

Compared to

@Yacht provided his input, and you made a rude comment potentially making the OP upset about his creative request.
As I said above, if you would like to continue this conversation in PM, feel free to message me.