Safe departures

Something that’s becoming really common and annoying recently is that people are getting cleared for takeoff on expert even though the plane that got clearance before it hasn’t even left the runway yet. Is that safe because that’s almost begging for disaster because at jfk on the fnf a few weeks ago same thing happened and I almost collided with a 777

1 Like

This is considered anticipated spacing, which IFATC make people take off and land closely. Next time, probably take your time when taking off. You should be getting takeoff clearance once the aircraft in front is airborne, and landing clearance when your over the threshold and the aircraft in front is off the runway.

9 Likes

As @Tsumia said and states in the manual the aircraft lined up may begin rolling as soon as the other aircraft is airborne

2 Likes

I know it’s not real but we should keep it realistic I’ve been to heathrow planespotting with a atc thing many times and I’ve never heard tower give clearance to a plane when another plane is rolling

The ATC manual says : The first aircraft must be airborne before the second aircraft commences the take-off roll // Anticipation is encouraged and should be used when appropriate, for example if a Boeing 737 has already been cleared for take-off and is rolling, rather than issuing a LUAW clearance to the next aircraft

2 Likes

Procedures in IF can differ from ones you may see in real life. Anticipating departures is used to keep the departure queue moving, instead of having everyone line up behind each other as by the time you line up the other aircraft should be airborne. If an aircraft is already at 80 or 90 knots, they’ve probably only got around 10-15 seconds before they are airborne. You also need to keep in mind that whenever an airport is featured in can receive around 3 times more traffic than it gets IRL.

5 Likes

In ES,you must follow ATC’s instructions to avoid Report. But if you think they make a mistake,you can PM him in IFC.(But I think this clearance is right)

1 Like

Were you lined up and waiting before the clearance or holding short?

1 Like

You need to understand how difficult it is to control during busy times on the ES. You need to cater to frequency changes from takeoff, sequencing and clearing multiple aircraft calling in at the same time, spacing out landings and departures, sending out exit runway commands clearing departures/LAUW/hold short, then remembering to clear them once the conflict is over. This can simplify and expedite the process through anticipation. In real life it is not just one controller handling the entire tower frequency.

2 Likes

Infinite Flight has a much larger traffic amount than some airports in real life.
Controllers which are issuing a take off clearance a little bit earlier do know what they’re doing. Sometimes it’s necessary to plan faster and make decisions for the efficiency of traffic.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.