RyMan's ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ LFBO

Hey,

I was EI-KYL

I left during my second pattern, I feel like you were getting very stressed. The reason why multiple people were announcing their legs was because you were giving no sequences/clearances. A lot of people were spawning in on ground at San Diego too. I had a lot of conflict as I was in the air especially with the aircraft that was transitioning. In my opinion it’d be better for you to open a different airport that won’t gather traffic like that until your fully ready, LAX is also nearby so you will have a lot of inbounds. I also observed that no exit runway commands were given so a/c had to request frequency changes. Take no offence to this at all tho… we are here to help but as I said in my opinion it would be better for you to open a different airport :)

2 Likes

Agreed. Thanks for coming! Yes I was very stressed, lol

1 Like

Hey @RyMan heres some feedback from 6O-SMA

On my first pattern I received a pattern entry “enter right downwind, runway 27” this was not needed since I was already remaining in the pattern all that was needed was a simple option clearance (Number X cleared for the option runway 27)

the whole time I didn’t receive any clearances at all, that was the reason for me reporting on base; to let you know, hey I need a clearance.

Whenever I do a touch n go just simply clear me and that’s it. If there is multiple planes on the pattern then that’s when sequencing comes into play. Example; if there were two planes and I was to follow an aircraft in front on right downwind landing you would sequence like this- ‘6O-SMA Number 2 traffic to follow is on right downwind’ then after that you would just clear me as number 2.

I noticed on your stream you weren’t actually sending the instructions. Whenever you are pressing your messages it ends with send make sure to press it for the message to go through.

I know it was very stressful since there were a lot of aircrafts but there is no reason to rush it. Simply let it play out and break down what you need, clearances, sequences, exit runway commands etc. take your time especially in high workload situations.

Thanks for the service sir. Feel free to PM me if you ever have questions.

See you next time!

4 Likes

That was the most chaotic airport scene I have ever seen, especially with only one runway 😅. As @Kyles.aviation said, you were very stressed to the point where you were just attempting to do as much as you can which is not healthy and I can see why you messed up some commands so I will not fault you (giving me a transition altitude of 3,000ft when it should have been 2,500ft based on airport elevation, a pattern entry when I did not request for landing or touch & goes and at the end of the day, no response to my landing request 😅). It would also be advisory that the next airport you do plan on opening is an airport that has parallel runways so that if you somehow get the same traffic you had earlier, at least you can somewhat manage it. Maybe you want to avoid live streaming it as that could attract too much attention? That is my thinking anyways.

Otherwise, I hope you have a good rest of your day/night 😅.

4 Likes

Thanks for coming! Yes I gotta send the messages next time. See you next time!

1 Like

I was N859TP. So funny, I actually didn’t know you were doing an official training/tracking lol. Just watched your stream, good ole N1 never ceases to make it interesting at KSAN lmao.

I think pretty much all the points have been hit, my one thing was I reported final twice, the second one on short final with still no landing clearance so I had to go around.

Like others said, KSAN can be chaos without even opening for tracking. Definitely recommend a different airport next time for your own sake haha.

Thanks!

2 Likes

K, I have selected a smaller airport! Opening tomorrow at the same time! 🤙

2022-08-02T21:40:00Z2022-08-02T22:40:00Z

5 Likes

Hey all!

I am opening later today, sorry for not streaming yesterday, I was extremely busy.

2 Likes

Hey guys! I am opening early today!

Tags: @callaa @DJSunfire @BT_HANDLES @Kyles.aviation

2 Likes

Thanks to all who came!

2 Likes

Hello Everyone!

Opening tomorrow earlier!

2022-08-04T19:30:00Z2022-08-04T20:00:00Z

Let me know if you can make it!

2 Likes

Opening in 20 minutes!

Open Now!

Tags: @BT_HANDLES @Kyles.aviation @ryanairlanding @callaa

1 Like

Sorry folks, Tech issue. this link IFATC: Session 3 of 5 - YouTube

Hey! My yoke was not responding at all so i’m going to have to restart my device. Is there any chance you could open a better airport? That airport has one or two parking spots

Hey,

Not a problem, I will only be open at KFTW for another 20 mins, I have something to do. Tomorrow a better airport for sure.

1 Like

LFBO would be a nice airport for you! Yeah i’m sorry about that, you probably seen me plummet into the ground. It’s a known IF issue

1 Like

LFBO it is then!

1 Like

You always open at the most inconvenient times for me :c
I’ll try to be there next time though c;

1 Like

I have the next one ready for tomorrow! See you then everyone!

1 Like