Ryanair uses new name on 737 MAX 200

Today some people near Boeing field have noticed something very interesting… A Ryanair Boeing 737 MAX 200 with the new name: 737-8200. What do you think about this?
737-max-8200cwoodys-aeroimages-1200
(Photo by Woodys Aeroimages on Twitter @AeroimagesChris)

18 Likes

I prefer MAX 200, but 8200 looks cool.

1 Like

Here you can read some more information about this:

3 Likes

I always fly with Ryanair and by looking at the name, it gets more confusing. I prefer the MAX name. This also looks like a little smart move so people won’t really identify this as a “MAX” aircraft, relating to the disasters the Boeing 737 MAX had.

If they’re trying to hide the fact that it is a MAX aircraft, there’s a lot they’ll have to do to fullproof this. They’ll have to display this ‘8200’ on their tickets, their website…that’s a decent amount of work. Also, customers could figure out the fact that they’re hiding the fact that it is in fact a MAX aircraft and lose their trust in the company, slowly losing some customers that feel as if they’re being lied to. 🤔

1 Like

Of course, but let’s not be too serious. For non av-geeks they will not notice the name and some won’t fear flying it anyways. And this won’t take too much work as it’s simply website editing.

1 Like

The question is: Will this be the official name Boeing chooses in the rebranding process of the MAX, or is this a Ryanair solution?

I don’t like the idea of many different names for the same airplane. It’s not very transparent.

10 Likes

Sounds like the MAX reputation is worst than I thought. Are passengers as scared as that about flying with this boeing.

I think it’s a good way for Boeing to go so people feel more safe on board the MAX because people will just think they are on a special model of the -800.

Well I think it’s a smart move.

100% a smart move. They have to get the MAX fear out of the passengers head. United clearly states the aircraft type on a 737 and the captain started talking about the good safety rating of the regular 737s and that the flight will be fine.

Apparently this is actually what they ordered. It’s a different model called the Max 8200 so it’s less so a rebalancing in Ryanair’s case. Other airlines will have to use something different

To be honest I don’t mind, but I would still refer to the aircraft as MAX anyway, just like any other rebrandings

I can give two examples, a fuel chain changed names from Statoil to Circle K, but I refer to it as Statoil, and NSB changed name to Vy, but I still refer to NSB

Ryanair don’t display the aircraft used on their website.

1 Like

Also for a while Ryanair have been calling their MAX aircraft B737-8-200, So I think it’s just without the dash but we don’t know yet.

Is this because they only use the B738 so there’s not really any point in showing the aircraft type?

2 Likes

No need to freak out all. This is what the aircraft is called. This is the Max 8 variant that has 200 seating capacity. Hence the -8200. The name is Max 200 for simplicity but the formal name has always been 737 Max 8 200. This variant had been offered since before the -10 and is mean to be for the LCC high density routes, primarily marketed to Ryanair and Southwest.

3 Likes

Yeah sure what about this one

1 Like

I like the name

This applies to Ryanair only is the point. Other airlines probably won’t rebrand or will have to use a different designation if they don’t have this high density config

1 Like