Ryan_Carney’s ATC Tracking Thread - [Closed] @N/A

Hello Everyone!

I have decided to become more involved with Infinite Flight. I will be doing this by trying to become a IFATC controller! Come stop by to tell me what I need to work on and how I did. Hope to see you all there!

Server: Training
ICAO:
Frequency:
Runway(s) being used:

Hope you can come stop by!

8 Likes

Ping me when you are open. Cant wait to see another TAP member as IFATC

2 Likes

Let me know when you want me to buzz the tower

2 Likes

Ping when your open next 😆

2 Likes

Hit me up if you’re open :))

2 Likes

Tag me when you open

2 Likes

Tag me when you open

1 Like

@VortexVolt @PhorzaSky @Butter575 @United403 @Fatool @Thijn_Berghuis1 come stop by at KSEA!

1 Like

I would suggest not doing large airports such as JFK, LAX or LHR because they can attract a lot of attention and can draw your focus away from actually practicing. Instead try to open at parallel runway airports such as KBOI, KSMF or KFAT

2 Likes

Ok! I will close up here. Thanks for the advice

1 Like

I know a good airport that you can do. KHIF

1 Like

Everyone I am at KSEA if you want to stop by

@Ryan_Carney I will once I land

Hi @Ryan_15!

I was flying as C-FIRE today. Nice work today! Below you will find some feedback from my flight in addition to couple links to our ATC manual that might shed some light on a couple challenges you faced today.

• On my inbound from Renton, I requested inbound for touch & goes. This basically means as a pilot, I would like to perform a landing then takeoff in one motion. Excellent job issuing a clearance! In the future, the correct command for ATC to use in this situation would be “Cleared for the option” instead of cleared to land. Cleared for the option allows me to perform a full stop landing, stop and go, touch and go, or low approach. The command cleared to land only grants me to ability to perform a full stop landing. Hence why I landed and vacated the runway. This will help you a ton with ensuring you maximize your practice time by keeping the pilots airborne.

• When traffic land, it is essential to issue them an exit runway command. This tells the pilot not only to exit the runway but also tells them to contact your ground frequency. Try your best to get in the habit of issuing pilots this when they slow below 60 knots on the runway. This will help make your controlling far more efficient!

• When I requested to takeoff runway 34R, there was the addition of “remaining in the pattern” in my request. This means that I would like to takeoff and perform touch and goes on that same runway. The correct response to this would be to issue the pilot a takeoff clearance with the addition of which direction you would like them to make their pattern. Example: If you would like them to takeoff and make right patterns, you would issue,“C-FIRE Cleared for takeoff, runway 34R, make right traffic.” Having control over the pilots traffic direction is imperative to remain in control of all pilots in your airspace. I highly recommend you practice this aspect in particular as it will help you a ton when your airspace fills up with far more pilots.

• During my pattern on runway 34R, I announced on right downwind that I was in position for touch & goes, runway 34R. You replied to this with, “C-FIRE, Number 1, Cleared to land, runway 34C.” In the future, keep in mind that it will make your life a whole lot easier to keep traffic on the same runway they originally took off from. In this situation, I would have issued C-FIRE, “Number one, cleared for the Option, runway 34R.” This would have allowed me to remain on my original runway with the addition of being able to complete a touch & go.

Again, nice job today! Lots of good things going on here. Keep up the great work and remember to keep things as simple as possible. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out!

Nolan

1 Like

Thank you so much for the feedback!

1 Like

Hopefully you can come by again soon

I will certainly try my best!

1 Like

@Ryan_15 you still open??

Nope I am closed for today. Hopefully will be open tomorrow

I will stop by tmr

1 Like