Russian Military Tu-154 Crash

Developing story right now. Prayers go out to all those on board.

10 Likes

And in Christmas 😕

8 Likes

I don’t get it, was there 91 or 70 people on board? Because RT and Channel News Asia are telling me two different things

BBC says 91.

My prayers goes to the families who lost on board. And I hope the families can be strong facing this bitter truth if the worst scenario happens 😞. But I do hope the victims are alright.

Why would this accident happen during the Christmas eve. Where there will be joy and cherish feelings. And the time to gather with families.

2 Likes

Russian officials are confirming the plane crashed after fragments of the aircraft were found in the Black Sea.

1 Like

This can’t get any worse :(

2 Likes

So sad. Very sad. Apparently there was a military band onboard :-(

2 Likes

Yes and I’m from one xP

1 Like

It is at these times we are reminded of the perils that face aviation. Aviation, at its core, is the harmony of millions of variables, it is beautiful and useful at the same time. This harmony is very delicate, one variable stepping slightly out of line can lead to catastrophic consequences. Let’s remember those who perished in this incident in out thoughts today.

3 Likes

It is not fair on all the families as they have lost loved ones on the most special day ever

2 Likes

Poor little Tupolev.
it’s not carrying any officials is it?

2 Likes

It was carrying military and choir

3 Likes

Remeber this?

5 Likes

I do. Both are horrible tragedies :(

1 Like

The Russian government doesn’t seem to care much, they will continue using these old aircraft regardless of the accidents that have happened

2 Likes

Maybe it’s because of the technology they use. They couldn’t have possibly been planning to spend a lot of money trying to get the planes to be as high quality as the Boeings and Airbuses.

Tu-154 is a pretty good aircraft, and being from a defence ministry fleet I would imagine its maintenance was by the book. It’s too early to say of course, so let’s wait till more facts are known.

Thoughts to the families and their loved ones :(

1 Like

Well look what happened with that polish plane wasn’t it the same kind and that crashed over Russia

Same plane type, but a different type of accident. Polish aircraft crashed due to poor weather and pilot error while trying to land at an airfield with limited navigation aids.

1 Like