Runway speed violation

Don’t you hate it when players ro ta tay at 210knots (witness it today on EXPERT)
well no worries, this new violation will give you a level 1 violation when you land at 160knots+
and if you takeoff at 200knots+
this way players have a better experience

but jets like F22 and jets like do not have to follow this rule

There is no reason for this to happen. Plus if you see someone take off with 200kts+ just leave them and do your own business.
plus we’re all learning

7 Likes

On expert only? Because on training server this violation would be impractical.

1 Like

Sure Expert

Some jets don’t take off until 150kts so they wont lift off the runway until 200 - 220kts.

3 Likes

how so, I took of a A380 at MTOW
and I was airborne at 172 knots

Look at the state of the A380 right now
There’s so many things you can do that you shouldn’t be able to do irl

2 Likes

I have a few incidents that I have to rotate at 200 knots, when my aircraft is too heavy or not enough flaps. I don’t think pilots get a warning for overpseeding on the runway in real life too. Therefore, I don’t think this is valid.

2 Likes

I said jet, the A380 isn’t a jet however the F-18 or F-22 is.

1 Like

oh sorry, miss understand
give me a sec to update the topic

1 Like

is that better?

Hey, I feel like this is true, but there is no need for this to happen. Why can’t we just let people fly. I get the trolling and unexperienced pilots, but this cmon. We definitely don’t need this.

2 Likes

why should runway speed matter in real life you can’t takeoff until they clear the threshold of the runway so doing 220 on the ground or 220 in the air makes no difference unless they veer off. Also i find the fighters severely unstable at low speeds and higher speeds allow me more control and accuracy. Also when it comes to the a380 if you takeoff and you don’t over throttle the N1 into the 101%-105% it should take you a lot longer length and speed and lower climb to get that bird off the ground. Is a fighter taking off fast on a runway unusual yes but it’s their business as long as they aren’t running through someone.

1 Like

Once again, everything can’t be realism. Some people need a fast landing, reference, and some people need to go nyoom on their takeoffs, like fighter jets, and winds.

Not to mention if this were to be implemented, the winds would affect the violation point and if winds were that bad, some people can get Vios by taxiing, or even worst, just spawning in.

1 Like

No to this. really, aircraft have different configs. Add now many variables that determine ground speed such as elevation and winds. 175KIAS at Bogota(elevation 8000ft+) would not have the same ground speed at the same IAS at a sea-level airport like Heathrow or Schipol.

The MD-11 and fighters need 160+ knots on average to land so…

2 Likes

I love MD-11s but they do eat runway like nobodies business how fast their landing speeds are.

1 Like

I believe the MD-11 requires a landing speed of 170 mph in order to prevent deadly bounce that caused total loss of aircraft and pilots as experienced with Fed X in KEWR and RJAA

1 Like

What about the wild winds that can happen sometimes and also the winds could make the airspeed and/or gs higher. Something to think about…

I regularly fly the MD-11 in game and I always land at around 165 to 170 knots this feature needs to be tweaked to work.

A350 full load

1 Like