Runway lighting mock up #Idea4

Idea Proposed By: @Ilyas

Here’s a quick photo I made of what detailed runway lighting may look like in Infinite Flight. Would fit right in! Would provide the approaching pilot with a locatable landing zone. And it looks cool

8 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

I’ll give it a go.

2 Likes

As I already mentioned, I don’t think those are useful as mockups (it is still cool but I am afraid it might mislead ppl to think it is already in Infinite Flight). Runway lighting is something we have plenty of resources to know how to implement. We actually support most of them already, just haven’t enabled them for performance and technical reasons yet (need more work).

@Rotate runway lighting barely illuminate the runway itself (the ones on the runway centerline are usually embedded in the pavement and directed towards the glidepath).

If you want to help with mockups, I would say that UI/UX ideas are the most needed and eventually 3d helpers (look at this for examples: https://vimeo.com/101826751)

6 Likes

Sure thing I’ll stick to UI :-)

1 Like

Wait? Your wanting more 3D helpers in game?

1 Like

Try to make a taxi light thing. It wouldnt have ot be a whole airport just do an airport thats small

1 Like

A lot of large airports like Seattle already have them, it’s just that the devs haven’t created objects that represent the code. It’s like giving the answer to a variable without defining what the variable is.

2 Likes

I’m sticking to UI designs, something that will actually help the developers with enhancing your experience. Any ideas you have involving interface drop me a PM.

That is awesome as I’ve kinda envisioned Aviating on Infinite Flight with the headswing HUD was like wearing a high tech contact lens. Ledinsky Team has something similar for the Shuttle Atlantis landing Sim, and Extreme Soaring has something similar for finding thermals and finding other Gliders and waypoints for racing.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It will come sometime right?

Great idea, hopefully will come with taxiway lights