Runway change, Go-Round, and Diversion

So, I wanted to fly in the UAL livery so I took-off from SAN execoecting my final destination to be LAX. As I’m starting my decent I notice that at LAX the winds switch and the tower controller switched runways. And was to late for me to switch as well so I entered right downwind for RWY 07R. And as I’m in final the tower controller disconnects because of all the traffic. Then someone taxied onto the runway and I had to go-around. As I’m on right downwind again, a tower controller comes back on. And I report my position and he told me no aircraft is being accepted into the airport becaus of the traffic. I’ve never heard that command btw. So I diverted to Bob Hope and landed. And I saw a few SWA planes. It’s the first time I’ve seen people really use SWA at Bob Hope. But anyway this was my craziest experience in SoCal

7 Likes

Sounds good. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

You did the right thing!good!

3 Likes

Bob Hope landing is like landing in San Diego…

3 Likes

the good news is: you followed instructions!! :-)

3 Likes

I once heard no planes were allowed in KLAX due to traffic. This was on PG lol. I had to divert to Long Beach.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.