Rule of Thumb: Infinite Flight

Hai! I love Infinite Flight, yet lately I have been researching on real life flying and I so happened chanced upon the “Rule of Thumb”. After reading, it really got me thinking, “hmm” well, even though there are many that are not suitable for Infinite Flight stimulation, I was wondering if someone could explain which one is compatible and suitable for flying in Infinite Flight.

2 Likes

Search rule of thumb in the community search engine. There are some really good ones.

4 Likes

Here are a few. They are chockablock with information. Some users have provided links to other topics too. Check them out!

6 Likes

@kevirtual… MaxSez; the “Ruke of Thumb” you read, share it with us via a link or a cut & paste pls?

1 Like

Is there a way to calculate the cruising altitude?

Because of the generally short routes in IF at the moment, it is hard to have a realistic cruising altitude. That will be fixed when Global releases.

Now it may take you a little bit, but you can train yourself to get a good feel for your cruising altitude based on the distance you are flying. Say you are flying from KDEN-KASE, around 120 ish nautical miles. I will typically fly around FL200.

Here is a good baseline post to help make your cruising altitudes more realistic.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.