Route Importing

With the Upcoming Global update many of us are excited for one thing, Realism. I have seen that a big flaw in Global is that there’s no Route Importing or Quick Route picking. For this case I’ll be using ANZ 1 between NZAA and KLAX. The Route that I want to use is the following.

MEMOR1P Departure, exit point SELKA, DCT TATAS, Airway B200, exit point Ficky, and the LEENA6 arrival in LAX. Since there’s no route Importing I’ll be taking a approximate 15-40 minutes getting the FPL Done. But with route Importing you could just Copy and Paste the route into IF and you’re ready to go. I know that IF doesn’t support SIDs and STARs but atleast sole waypoints could be used with this feature. If IF wants to grow this is a vital step on Realism.

The Route

Disclaimer, please don’t flag this post if you think is Spam since this is really useful.

You could use another route system (LiveFlight Connect (experimental in IF) which finds routes and shows them in IF.

I like the idea though

8 Likes

Ditto Above you can just use good old LiveFlight Connect for this and your nice little joysticks and more!

1 Like

I like this idea a lot honestly. I’m sure there’ll be some sort of “search system” to make filing FPL’s easier though. Your idea of route conversion is interesting though, like filing one on an online generator (simbrief, flightaware, etc.) and downloading it as a .rte or .pln file and importing it to IF. This is a complicated system though. Nice request.

8 Likes

this is bad and hard slow process, it will add around another half an hour to your flight.

Yea, that’s why I said it was complicated 🙂. It wouldn’t take that long, but it would be a “hassle” to a degree.

2 Likes

They should just make it so that you can type in your route after writing it down somewhere. Still a little long, but it’s what real pilots do.

1 Like

MaxSez: Lotta member guess work on Global routing! Everybody’s got a bright suggestion. This Topic is just one more speculation. I’ll take a wait an see attitude. To date IF has used the KISS principle in development. They recognise, as should you, the multi-levels of aviation expertise amoung members. There have been some official hints published that amount to nothing. There has also been a lot of BS floated by the “I got a secret cult” that distracts. Be patient children the IF Santa is en route, thus far he’s suffered some tech delays. Bottom line; “WATCH THE SKY’S” (Gort, Nictoe Baratus (fill in the blank))…

2 Likes

I would actually support this idea as I file my FPLs using SIDs and STARs already today. As you’ve said, it can take a lot of time to file a realistic FPL, especially because many WPTs aren’t available and you’ve got to look for alternative ones. I think after global is released it could be worth a discussion whether it would make sense to actualize the WPTs and routing system.

1 Like

Haven’t the devs already said there will be some kind of simplified search engine for waypoints? It’ll take less than 5 minutes to type in your waypoints if this is the case.

Why not wait and see what is released instead of trying to solve problems that we don’t even know will exist?

2 Likes

Here is the problem- the IF navigation database does not include all of the waypoints found IRL. What happens if it tries to import oe that dosen’t exist in game?

It wouldn’t work.

2 Likes