Round the World in the XCub

Well, you knew this was coming. Since I haven’t seen anyone attempt it yet, I’ll take a go at it.

I just finished the flight plan using Foreflight and the entire journey from Yakima to Yakima will be 12,375 miles. With an average TAS of 120 knots that’s a whopping 103 hours of flight time. And of course it will change based on headwinds and/or tailwinds. I’m sure hoping not to run into headwinds along parts of the route as there are a few legs that will test the endurance of man and machine. And I am also hoping all the airports are actually in IF because some of them are obscure. Guess we’ll see.

The route: KYKM-CYCG-CYQF-CYVT-CZWH-CRV8-CYCS-CYZS-CYTE-CYXP-CYVM-BGSF-BGKK-BIBD-BIHN-EKVG-EGPM-ENZV-ESGT-ESSV-EVRA-UUBS-UUOL-UWSS-UARR-UWOR-UAUR-UAGC-UACC-UASP-UNBB-UNKS-UINO-UIKK-UIKB-UELL-UEQM-UHOA-UHMM-UHMW-UHAC-UHMA-UHML-PAOM-PAMC-PACV-PAEL-PANT-CYBD-CYXX-KYKM

This will probably take a few weeks to complete, but if you see a bright yellow XCub N172XC in the skies, that’ll be me. I’ll also post some shots along the way over in the other sub forum.

3 Likes

We’re doing this if you (or anyone else) would care to join!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.