Ross's ATC Tracking Thread - [Closed] @ N/A [Passed Practical]

Passing by…

1 Like

I will come!

1 Like

RIP I forgot to get the landing gear down😂 I was wondering why I wasn’t touching down😂 but you did great on the pattern work! I’ll spawn back I just don’t want the a320 anymore lol

1 Like

I was on my way, than the doorbell rang.
After autopilot leveling off at 9000ft i exceeded 250KTS and got several violations/ghostings in a row -.-
And this after having 0 violations in the past…

Anyway, i am on my way again :P

1 Like

Ohh man Sorry that happened

1 Like

Everything was quite good for me. There were few pilots so I think it was easy. Some personal opinions:

• Clearance were a bit late for me tbh… Usually I try to give the pilot the clearance on crosswind.

• RWY change instructions were late

• My exit command was nonexistent, maybe because I didn’t tell you “full stop”

• A reply from “thank you good day” is always appreciated 😉

Have a great day!

-EC

forgot to add a thing @Ross

1 Like

yeah as soon as you got off I realized I didn’t give an exit command

1 Like

No problem, great job nonetheless!

1 Like

Good job just a few mistakes that you could fix!

• On my 2nd pattern you cleared me for the option twice.

• When I requested to change runway, you said “runway 22R cleared for the option”. When you clear someone that requested to change runways you have to add “after the option make left/right traffic.”

All in all you did good!

1 Like

I got a little distracted and couldn’t remember if I had already cleared you. Yeah and Like the exit runway command I realized I forgot the pattern entry. Thanks for the feedback

1 Like

KSSC open till 3:00PM EDT. Inbounds, departures, transitions, and Pattern work are all welcomed!

KSSC Open till 4:15 EDT. Pattern work, landing, transitions, departures are all welcome!!

1 Like

I’ll join, XA-ULI

1 Like

Cessna 208. You have the fundamentals down (pattern entry, sequence, clearance, etc.).

However,

• You did not issue a “do not taxi thru grass”. I did that intentionally to see if you also look outside. You gotta see the outside too, not just the ATC view.

• Transition is a little too low. You gotta round up from (242 + 2500) ft to the nearest 500 ft. So rather than 2500 ft, it should be at 3000 ft.

• Exit command was too early. While it is at around 70-60 kts, that is only to jets. Turboprops like the 208 has that as the landing speed itself. The exit command for those must be 40-30 kts.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Im pretty sure the transition altitude is supposed to be rounded up to the nearest 1000 not 500, at least thats what ive heard from IFATC. But thanks for the feedback

2 Likes

Hey there! The formula for transitions is as follows: Transition = elevation (rounded to nearest thousand) + 1000 + 1500. Therefore the transition altitude at KSSC is 2500 and @Ross was correct. This is because the elevation, 242, rounded to the nearest thousand is 0ft + 1000 + 1500 = 2500.

If you look at The Perfect ATC Test at 4:04, Tyler gives the 2500ft transition altitude at KSSC and thoroughly explains transitions. I definitely recommend taking a look at this!

Thanks!

2 Likes

I stand corrected! Thanks all! :D

1 Like

Open at KSSC TS till 2:00 EDT.

Open at KSSC till 10:30 EDT. Pattern work transitions, and departures all welcomed!!

I’m on my way if your still open!

1 Like