Roll Spoilers

What are roll spoilers?
Roll spoilers are used in flight when banking, especially during takeoff and landing. They help increase/decrease the difference in pressure on the wings to help bank the aircraft faster.

Why should roll spoilers be implemented?
Roll spoilers should be implemented because they would add realism, and would help give the pilot more control when on climbout or on approach.

What do roll spoilers look like?

Where can I find out more about roll spoilers?
https://www.grc.nasa.gov/www/k-12/VirtualAero/BottleRocket/airplane/spr.html

Thank you for reading! Please vote for this feature to be implemented into our wonderful sim! Thanks again!

Cool now I know what they are was wondering since the last time I saw them.
I think it’s a good idea

3 Likes

But are they like spoilerons?

7 Likes

i already requested this, it happens when spoilers are armed not deployed

3 Likes

Yep this is a duplicate, but who names their video 738-800? And I would love to see a picture of a 738-8. Thank you and have a curious day.

4 Likes

They aren’t based on pressure on wings. They’re based on the logic that the wing which goes down during banking does not require lift. So the spoilerons are used to dump or cancel the lift on the side of the wing which goes down during banking, making it rather ‘sink’ as opposed to pushed down from the ailerons alone, helping the aircraft to bank faster.

1 Like

The difference in lift is caused by a pressure difference.

4 Likes

That’s definitely needed and should be added to every (reworked plane).

It looks awesome on the C208. so I hope it would work well on any planel.

3 Likes

I’m sorry if this is indeed a duplicate, but I’m pretty sure there weren’t any like this that are open.

1 Like

So, roll spoilers basically prevent me from rolling during takeoff?

1 Like

Really needed feature this with wingflex would complete the wings in Infinte flight.

6 Likes

No not exactly. It helps your turn tho.

2 Likes

A beautiful sight this would be in IF!😍 But I don’t see this being added until a lot has been done.

2 Likes

Yea sadly I wish it would come sooner than later.

2 Likes

What’s the difference between these and spoilerons if I may ask?

1 Like

hey Devs, could you include these on the reworks in the future, maybe the 737 or a330 cough cough

And maybe a flaperon in the 777 ;)

4 Likes

This is a great idea!

1 Like

I notice this every time I watch planes takeoff in real life, but I never noticed it in Infinite Flight. Hopefully this gets added in the near future as aircraft reworks continue.

2 Likes

Some aircraft in Infinite Flight already have them, the Daher TBM-930 and Cessna 208 Caravan both have them.

Here’s pictures for proof.

I would like to see them on all aircraft in Infinite Flight in the future, hopefully it doesn’t take too much longer as the technology is already there.

7 Likes

And here we go again :)

Definitely needed in Infinite flight, hopefully will be included on the 777 and other aircraft soon…

1 Like