Rocky Mountain Skiing ( FLIGHT 1 )

First trip report of the new year is here hope you enjoy!

Skiing ⛷️ is an extremely fun thing to do, I remember years ago going up to Canada 🇨🇦 and doing that with my family for the holidays ah the memories wish I lived where it snowed, but I live in Florida 🏝️😎🍊 so that isn’t the case but that doesn’t mean I still can go at all, o can always go to some skiing resort up north and that’s what I’m doing today, one of the more unique seasonal routes out of Miami 🏝️😎 is American Airlines service out to Eagle, Colorado. A very popular destination at this time of year particularly for skiing ⛷️ but they did serve one other which sadly didn’t return this year.

Jackson Hole, Wyoming

That’s right I was connected to Bison 🦬 country at one point but thanks to poor numbers, AA cut the route which sucks but I’ll still go to Jackson one day. Not complaining about Eagle though because it’s better than no skiing ⛷️ at all but anyways, our flight is pretty early so let’s not waste anymore time and get this trip started!

Flight Info

Origin: Miami Intl 🇺🇸 ( KMIA )
Destination: Eagle County Regional 🇺🇸 ( KEGE )
Flight Time: 4:23
Airbus A319-100 ( American Airlines )
Server: Expert

Due to the early hour, a Cafe Versailles stop was ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY so I got my Cafe con Leche ☕️ and made my way through the E CONCOURSE as AA does also operate here along with their primary home in the D concourse but E2 is hosting my flight out to Colorado this morning. These A319s are very special as they still haven’t got the Oasis retrofit as they still carry the “New American” hard product with built in IFE in each seat which personally I prefer but I don’t think they will come back but anyways, let’s board this bird!

The seat is really comfortable even more comfortable than the current AA hard product especially with that PTV in the seat back, really cozy in here! Also got a good wing view for today’s flight to the Rockies, our captain was pretty nice and even said his first skiing ⛷️ experience was in Eagle as well so this is a major throwback for him. We pushed back a few minutes later and made our way out to MIAs Runway 26L for take off!

And sure enough, we were leaving the 305 🏝️😎 on time with the freezing cold Rocky Mountains 🏔️ ahead of us!

Our departure took us pretty much straight out west out of Miami 🏝️😎 over the Everglades 🐊 and a bit off the west coast of Florida before we’d cross the Gulf of Mexico into Louisiana before crossing the south before the mountains 🏔️ we were flying at FL320 and soon enough the crew began the trip inflight service, typical snacks and beverages like always I got myself a biscoff cookie with some coffee ☕️ since that Cafe Versailles from a few hours ago wasn’t enough for me. They did crack a few jokes so 4 stars for them ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ no need for my phone since this plane is equipped with PTVs so I just used that instead!

While watching an episode of Young Sheldon, we have reached land again. Hello Louisiana 👋

Very cloudy New Orleans this morning.

We started our descent short after Denver so it was time to prepare for the cold and most importantly reflect on the experience, overall for my first flight of 2024, it went fantastic the aircraft was nice and cozy, crew were friendly and the IFE was really strong. I really wish AA kept this interior since it was in my opinion the best time for me as a frequent AA flyer. But I guess United listened to their feedback as they are bringing the PTVs back but we’ll just have to wait and see for AA 🤷‍♂️

Now let’s have a small talk about Eagles airport for starters, it isn’t big at all the biggest plane to ever fly here I believe would’ve ben the Boeing 757. And second, there are MOUNTAINS SURROUNDING the airport. And because of this, landing isn’t the easiest task here, probably one of the most extreme airports I’ve visited so far.

As expected, our landing was pretty hard but we did come in quite steep so I pretty much signed up for it 😂 but anyways, welcome to Eagle Country Regional Airport here in the town of Eagle, Colorado. Overall, this was a fantastic flight along with the approach. It gave me the landing in Bogotá, Colombia 🇨🇴 vibes with the turning over the mountains 🏔️ and even a sense of nostalgia with the “New American” interiors leftover from these A319s so American Airlines, you guys served me well today! 👍

As this airport is teeny tiny, we were pretty much out in no time. I even took this picture of our A319 who brought us in from sunny Miami 🏝️😎 loading up fuel and cargo for her flight back to MIA while in the parking lot. Anyways, off I go to get some lunch before heading to the ski resort to finally do some skiing ⛷️ for the rest of the day. I’m glad you joined me on this trip out here and as always between now and the next time, see you in the sky! 😉👋

15 Likes

Best shoe ever.
Epic shots BTW

1 Like

I’ve been summoned 😄

1 Like

Do we still call you Bison King? Or are you temporarily king of Tahiti?

2 Likes

Man, I love how you turn amazing scenery into stories for us! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

I’m now temporarily the baguette King

2 Likes

Oh yeah how’s Tahiti @United403? We got winter storm warnings here in Portland!

BTW very nice shots @NonStopPopFM! Your trip reports are top tier!

3 Likes

Heaven on earth 😌😌😌😌😌😌😌

2 Likes

Why didnt you take me?

1 Like

My attorney recommends I don’t comment on this matter

3 Likes

Café Versailles is an absolute gem of a place. I’ve connected through Miami a few times IRL and go there every time. If you ever pass by Miami, go there and grab yourself a “pastelito de guayaba”, I highly recommend it!
Another good restaurant at MIA is La Carreta, traditional Cuban food that hits every time and a much better alternative to McDonalds 😂

1 Like

@NonStopsAviation, nice trip report. I haven’t been to Vail for a long time. But on my Sister’s 12th Birthday which is Feb 14 on a Wednesday, on Saturday, I’m planning on doing a trip from Miami to JFK on American Airlines. Would you like to travel with me to JFK on Saturday? If so, see u on Feb 17

1 Like

Thanks but already have plans for February

1 Like

What are you doing on February?

1 Like

Tenerife! on my friends CL35

When on February? Like what day of the week, which week? @NonStopsAviation

1 Like

Probably same time

1 Like

Ok, enjoy your trip on your friends CL35 to Tenerife @NonStopsAviation and I’ll enjoy my trip from Miami to JFK with my Sister Pamela in game

1 Like

So @NonStopsAviation is this your new account?

1 Like

Same account just changed username

1 Like