Rocky Mountain Skiing ( FINAL FLIGHT )

My little snowy skiing ⛷️ getaway has come to an end as today we return to sunny Florida 🏝️😎🍊 well not really at the moment, but it is getting warmer and eventually I’ll be planning another gateway to the cold simply because I’m not the biggest fan of the heat and I still don’t know why I live in FL 💀 but anyways, I wasn’t in a hurry to leave my resort simply because Eagles airport isn’t busy and my flight back home was in the afternoon so there was no need to rush out but anyways a few hours later, we made it to Eagle County airport for our flight back home, let’s get checked in!

Flight Time

Origin: Eagle County Regional 🇺🇸 ( KEGE )
Destination: Miami Intl 🇺🇸 ( KMIA )
Flight Time: 3:25
Airbus A319-100 ( American Airlines )
Server: Expert

Since EGE isn’t a busy airport, I arrived 1 hour and 25 minutes before boarding was to CLOSE in fact once I pulled to the rental car center to return my car, the A319 taking me back to the 305 🏝️😎 was pulling in from its flight from MIA so I took this photo as soon as the inbound passengers deplaned. The check in hall, security control and even the departure halls weren’t busy at all and the architecture was FABULOUS 🙌 just like all the buildings around the area and even my resort. I’m gonna miss this style once I step aboard but let’s do exactly that!

Just like my inbound flight from last Friday, same exact interior so we still have that “New American” interior introduced back in the mid 2010s and it was in my opinion,

Peak AA

This was the point in time I FELL IN LOVE with American, yeah JetBlue still offered a similar product but they didn’t offer the amount of destinations that AA had at the time. Unfortunately ever since like the cough cough situation, AA has been falling down, especially with their new hard product which is kinda tight and no PTVs and some of their Oasis planes go pretty far like from their Phoenix hub out to Honolulu 🏝️🌺 which can be 6 hours long. In that same time, you can be on AAs Boeing 777-300ER from New York City’s 🗽🍎 JFK out to London, UK 🇬🇧☕️ in a great seat with PTVs but enough ranting, let’s make our way to EGE’s Runway 25 for take off!

Wind was calm so there was no issue on our departure, maybe we could’ve used less runway instead of all of it but we are 6,547ft above sea level so better be safe than sorry but I felt safer here than I would flying into/ out of Jackson Hole which has the same RWY length as its elevation.

LOVE the Rockies ❤️🏔️ hope to return one day, but with EGE in the back and the mountains disappearing, we must continue east towards Florida! 🏝️😎🍊

Due to our high altitude, our climb to cruise wasn’t long so we were at FL370 in no time, once again FAs came around with their beverage and snack service which I got the signature Coke and pretzels 🥨 for the latter I got the LAX bag. Would’ve preferred the MIA one but it doesn’t really matter since it’s just a wrapper. No jokes today so 3 stars here ⭐️⭐️⭐️ as again we all have our own PTVs I took advantage of it and for some reason, every airline wants to have the new Barbie movie as part of their selection and AA was no different so that’s what I did to keep me entertained this flight.

Around an hour into the flight and 30 minutes into the movie, we say this SPECTACULAR SUNSET 🌅 what a view!

After the movie ended, I changed my clothes to better suit Miami’s 🏝️😎 climate and went back to my seat to play a few games and soon enough, we were descending above Fort Myers a city which hopefully makes a fantastic recovery from Hurricane Ian ❤️‍🩹🌀 last year which DESTROYED the place but our approach was the basic westward approach into MIA so nothing special.

After crossing the Florida Everglades 🐊 home to probably the most gators in the world, we made it to Doral a Miami 🏝️😎 district just west of Miami Intl Airport. I remember a Colombian 🇨🇴 restaurant in this neighborhood but it’s more above the approach for RWYs 8R and L instead of RWY 9 which was what we were shooting for!

TOUCHDOWN! Welcome to a pretty windy Miami International Airport! Personally just like my last “New American” A319 experience, it was fantastic! The crew were great and so was this seat especially the IFE. I wish AA would go back to this product since almost EVERYBODY loved it and now either hates or is disappointed with their new Oasis product. Hopefully these planes don’t get retrofitted soon but a lot of their old Airbus fleet either from US Airways or bought back in 2013 haven’t got the Oasis treatment and hopefully it stays! 🙏

From a small and cute looking terminal at EGE, we are now at a HUGE, BUSTLING and this may be controversial NOT SO CUTE terminal. Yeah welcome to Miami 🏝️😎 as this was around the time the AA red eyes down to South America depart like their flights to Buenos Aires, Argentina 🇦🇷 Santiago, Chile 🇨🇱 Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, Brazil 🇧🇷 and even their unique seasonal and only US 🇺🇸 connection to Montevideo, Uruguay 🇺🇾 as this was a domestic flight, no need to get on the sky train to passport control 🛂 instead we headed straight to baggage claim to get our bags full of our winter gear before retrieving my car to head back home. I’m glad you joined me on my first 2024 trip hope of many to come including a bonus next Friday so stay tuned for that and as always between now and the next time, see you in the sky! 😉👋

7 Likes

It was in 2022 actually…. It does truly feel like yesterday tho.
Great pics as always

1 Like

Yeah my bad and thank you!

1 Like

Nice report

2 Likes