Rocco’s trip into Queens to retrieve his mother

** Disclaimer: none of these photos are anywhere near JetPhotos quality. I did what I could in a moving car (no, I wasn’t pilot in command) as my dad weaved in and out of rush hour traffic on the bouncy roads. I just felt like I would share my journey from today, and share our love for planes, and some different and cool perspectives. If you have photography advice for this impromptu “spotting” session, you can direct it to the “discard” button. :) **

Anyways, enough rambling, here are a bunch of photos from my journey to LGA to pick up my mother. Follow along.

Starting things off, we have a Frontier A320 NEOOOO from MYR on left downwind/base for runway 24 at ISP.

As we got further down the Long Island Expressway, I saw this Winglet-less Delta 752 on left base for 22L at JFK. I didn’t get much shots of JFK arriving traffic as Waze told us to avoid the jam-packed Long Island Expressway so we took some tree-lined side roads, thus prohibiting the views.

Around a half hour or so later, we’re on the cross island parkway getting close to LGA. I know this isn’t a jetphotos worthy shot, but I thought it was cool showing the E175 banking on the Expressway Visual over a highway sign

On the way back from LGA, mother retrieved, I spotted this E175 on short final from Bahhhhhhston

This one is probably my favorite one, the way the plane is turning over the lamp post. Let’s try to ignore these horrible lens dots.

Not today seagull

Probably my favorite shots from this trip, this Spirit A321 from Fort Lauderdale turning final.

Back on the LIE (Long Island Expressway) headed east, this KLM 777 turning final for 22L and dropping the gear. He then switched to 22R on short final as approach jammed him in right behind a JetBlue E190.

AeroUnion A300, cool plane.

Anyways, that’s all. Some photos didn’t make the cut as they were just not that great. Now off to Wendy’s to try this bourbon bacon burger.

31 Likes

Rocco back at it again

“KLM 643 heavy, caution wake turbulence from a heavy E190 landing prior to your arrival”

Nice shots, wish I could spot two airports at once

3 Likes

Nonsense, I submitted them for review for you.

I must say, good job for being in a moving car. Nice catches!

1 Like

Thanks. You think they’ll accept this one?

3 Likes

for sure, for sure

1 Like

100%, but what’s the registration of the tree?

1 Like

S-UMAC (that’s the type of tree ;)

2 Likes

These were just some stunning shots from Mr Long Island Vibes. You’ve got to tip your hat to him. Well done Rocco!

1 Like

The bourbon bacon burger is great, but my question is what brand potato did you use to take these? @RTG113

1 Like

They were taken with my Canon T6i. A lot of them stink because they were taken in a moving car, and some of them from far away and crop.

2 Likes

Just had to mess with you bud 😆

1 Like

Nice photo of banana! Light post also looking happy. Light post really enhances the picture.

Rocco going plane spotting is cursed

My eyes are burning.

For legal reasons this is a joke, cool photos.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.