Rlbg13's ATC Tracking Thread - [Closed] @ LFML

Welcome to my ATC tracking thread!

As I just got into Infinite Flight 2 weeks ago, I might currently have a pretty bad level when it comes to controlling. But hey! You will help me get better, and that’s what counts!

I will reply to this topic whenever I am online or offline. Don’t be scared to reply to this topic if you have any feedback or advice, it would be great that anybody that wants to control can see advice as well!

(the following is just a ‘model’ that I will post whenever I go on or offline)

Airport:
Frequencies: Twr/Gnd
Server: Training (TS1)
Active runways:
for take-off:
for landing:
Notifications:
Specific message(s) :

In advance, thank you so much for the things you’ll teach me and for helping in general!

4 Likes

Airport: OMDB
Active runways:
for take-off: 30L/R
for landing: 30L/R
Specific message(s) : First time ‘really’ controlling! I read the Twr/Gnd part of the ATC manual as well as Mark Denton’s video tutorial to understand how to read the METAR (pt 1). I hope it will be sufficient for now!

1 Like

Just a tip for you mate, OMDB isn’t the best choice for you. There’s likely to be trolls who can mess up the experience and make you stressed leading to mistakes. Start off Small, start with an airport like KFAT or KADW, if you want to then move on to bigger Airports with parallels go ahead.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice! I will stay for the moment at OMDB, and if there are trolls, I will go offline. I will also try to control other airports next times.

1 Like

I realized that I might’ve done a little mistake while selecting runways for arrivals and departures. As terminals are all around both runways, I’ll change the departure and arrival runways to 30L/R.

Some more airports that may be useful for your tracking thread: KTUS, KFAT, KLCK, LFBO, LIMC, LIRP, EDDT, LIPZ, KADW, EDDM, KRNO, PGUM, ROAH, GCLP, ENGM, VECC, KGJT, LHPB, RODN, EDDP, LGSA.

2 Likes

Airport: OMDB

A new IFATCEG post about ground and tower training airports has just been posted. Feel free to check it out!

2 Likes

Will do that, thanks for the advice!

When would anyone be available today for another session?

Feedback from N1322K:

[12:15:50] You fell into my trap here, don’t give me a pushback clearance in a TBM. Same goes for all other GA aircraft like the C172, X-Cub, …

[12:16:29] The taxi instruction was perfect.

[12:30:31] The takeoff clearance was on spot as well. I would have chosen right traffic too on RWY 30R.

[12:23:12] I had to report my position here. Usually, you can clear an aircraft for the option as soon as they turn crosswind. This keeps your workload down and pilots can plan ahead. If you have multiple aircraft in the pattern, make sure to tell the pilot the sequence first, before clearing them for the option/to land.

[12:27:23] Same as in the previous pattern, I had to report my position. In the following patterns, you then always cleared me earlier. Good job.

[12:28-12:29] My internet had some problems there, sorry for that :/

[12:31:03] Runway change and pattern entry was on spot. Couldn’t have done it better.

[12:33:17] Clearance on spot once again. Also good job in including the “after the option, left traffic”.

[12:35:24] Very good and proactive here. Well handled go-around. (You could have just let the 788 wait on the runway for a few moments there ;)

[12:37:23] That wasn’t your fault. But good job :)

[12:40:20] You don’t have to, but you can just give me my landing clearance. You don’t need to say roger here. It was a late landing clearance but still perfectly okay.

[12:41:54] Departure request handled well.

Afterwards I was a little unrealistic. I wanted to do a transition, so I had to depart your airspace first. You disconnected, that’s why I turned around shortly after. Sorry from my side here.

[12:45:08] I requested it a little early, sorry for that. But 1500ft is too low for a transition. A good formula for a transition is Airport elevation+2500ft. So for Dubai this would be 62ft + 2500ft So 2500ft would be appropriate.

All in all I think it was an okay first session :)
If you have any more questions, feel free to DM me.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your feedback, it’s really appreciated. Also, I love your optimism, that’s super motivating, thank you very much for that!

1 Like

Hi there 👋🏻

I’m available :)

1 Like

Hi! I was taking a shower. Are you still available now?

Airport: KLCK
Active runways:
for take-off: 3L
for landing: 3R
Specific message(s) : I reviewed Lion’s marvelous feedback but I didn’t take another look at the ATC manual.

Feel free to come over, everybody! There’s nobody at the moment.

Airport: KLCK

Sorry I couldn’t come at KLCK. I’ll join another ATC in just a minute and if you decide to do a session after 1830Z today, feel free to tag me. You can also tag me on any other sessions and I’ll do my best to come by :)

1 Like

Sorry by not going, are you able to open a frequency at 19:00 or something like that?

1 Like

Yes, I’ll do that, if you want I can tag you when I open the frequency like Lion. :-)

1 Like