River Visual Spotting @KDCA

Greetings Everyone

I was on my way home from the supermarket. I was crossing the Arland D Williams Memorial Bridge and I caught a Southwest 737-700 arriving from Nashville (KBNA) making the final turn for runway 19.

About the River Visual

The “River Visual” is only possible with a ceiling of at least 3,500 feet (1,100 m) and visibility of 3 statute miles (4.8 km) or more.[51] There are lights on the Key Bridge, Theodore Roosevelt Bridge, Arlington Memorial Bridge, and the George Mason Memorial Bridge to aid pilots following the river. Aircraft using the approach can be observed from various parks on the river’s west bank. Passengers on the left side of an airplane can see the Capitol, the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, the Jefferson Memorial, the World War II Memorial, Georgetown University, the National Mall, portions of downtown(including the roof of Capital One Arena), and the White House. Passengers on the right side can see CIA headquarters, Arlington National Cemetery, the Pentagon, eastern Arlington (including portions of Rosslyn, Clarendon, Ballston, and Crystal City), and the United States Air Force Memorial.

I hope you enjoyed these pictures. The River Visual is a truly unique approach with incredible views of all the monuments and the National Mall. If you ever get the chance to visit Washington D.C. definitely try to do some spotting. You can view aircraft from all over the city! Thanks for viewing see you next time.

Thanks for viewing!

7 Likes

Hi there!

As stated in some previous topics, low quality pictures will only be accepted if your topic is up to par. I recommend that you make some changes to the topic, maybe adding some more info or stuff about the approach.

As stated by Misha in the category header:

• How much of the aircraft can you see?
  • Can you see the registration?
  • How pixelated is your photo if you are zoomed in a long way?
  • Is there any way to add to the post to enhance the topic if your photos are not the best quality?

These are good pictures, but in order for them to stay here you may have to fix a few things.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Ok thanks will do so right now!

1 Like

Hope this is better!

1 Like

Much better. Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve been on this bridge stuck in traffic during some departures. Pretty cool.

2 Likes