Ring in 2023 IFC Spotting Competition [CONCLUDED - SEE YOU NEXT YEAR]

Hello Community!

New year, new spotting competition. This’ll be the fourth year I’m hosting one of these at the start of the year. People seem to like them and a lot of new spotters have joined in the past year (just like last year) so I’m going to continue it.

Details

• Double elimination style (two losses and you’re out).
  • No category/plane restrictions for any rounds.
  • Must be your own photos.
  • Must not have any significantly photoshopped elements (for example: enhancing the sky with a gradient is fair game. Swapping in an entirely new sky is not). This is honor system, but don’t let me catch you.
  • Please only enter if you are actually going to stay active during the whole competition. I’m not chasing people around for photos.
  • Photographer names will be kept private (for the most part), but votes will be public and shown on close.

How to Enter

• Entries are open from now until noon EST on December 31st. No further entries will be accepted after that time.
  • Please send me a separate PM with your photo. If you cannot initiate a PM due to trust level, drop a reply and I will message you first.
  • If you prefer, you can also send multiple photos and I will simply use them in order so I don’t have to bother you every round.
  • The competition will start around noon EST on January 1st.

Have Fun!

Here is a running list of all participating photographers.

24 Likes

Count me in, Wu

2 Likes

You are once you get a photo in, [last name redacted].

2 Likes

I’ll watch. Indeed there are some new great spotters in the forum…

1 Like

Revenge time. Let’s do it! 😈

2 Likes

Who are you getting revenge on?

4 Likes

I’d like to join in this!

1 Like

I guess ill join, i used my sisters camera once last year so count me in

1 Like

You do know that you’re kind of destroying everyone’s hopes with that thread photo already, right?

1 Like

I don’t enter my own competitions

1 Like

Can I join to lose on round 1?

1 Like

Still, setting standards and expectations beyond this universe. My photos look like I take them on a Nokia flip phone compared to that :,)

1 Like

I haven’t lost a spotting competition in a while, guess it’s that time of the year again lol

4 Likes

Wait so do I just pm @AndrewWu a picture then I’m in the competition?

1 Like

That is exactly correct

3 Likes

i am in

1 Like

Send photo you 2011 Kia Sportage FWD in silver owner

4 Likes

I would like to know how I can enter this competition just for the sake of you doxxing me in a subtle way pls

4 Likes

Well you see Mr. Babl, people who are over 23 years old and under 25 years old must send their photos to my DM box in order to enter this competition. However entrants into this competition may not have exceeded 220 kph on the autobahn in someone else’s skoda wagon.

7 Likes

Thank god I only exceeded 220 in another one’s car that was not a skoda

4 Likes