Right yaw motion in takeoff

When I’m about to takeoff, as I pull the iPad towards me and the nose starts to lift up, the plane yaws to the right and if not controlled using the rudder, the plane will go to the grass on whatever is on the side of the runway. I thought this was because of crosswind but when I tried it in solo and modified the wind to 0knts, it still happened.
1 Like

Can you confirm which aircraft this happens in such as a propeller aircraft, or one of the jets?

2 Likes

Are you calibrating your device before takeoff?

1 Like

It happens on the 777F

1 Like

Yup I thought I didn’t at the first time and tried again, but it still happened.

3 Likes

This might sound weird but are there any little pieces of gunk on your screen near the rudder controls? Sometimes they will trigger your screen as if you actually touched it when you didn’t.

1 Like

No my iPad is pretty clean😅

3 Likes

Check your settings in General → Auto-Coordination → Set it to disabled and see if there is a difference in your takeoffs.

3 Likes

This is the result of a crosswind takeoff if I had to guess, take a look at what the winds are. You are supposed to turn (using aileron) into the wind, a lot at first and less and less as you accelerate, to prevent the yawing at rotation. However, I will say I’ve been doing it for a while and it’s extremely sensitive/difficult to get the hang of, it’s kind of annoying to be honest.

2 Likes

This is an odd one though.

Able to Reproduce,iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 14.5.1 Infinite Flight 21.01

Have you considered crosswind might be the issue? Try it with perfect weather and see if it is still happening.

Is the weight balanced? there’s an option to auto synchronize the plane’s load in the “Weight And Balance” menu

@Xaro the Op tried that and still encountered the effect. It might be due to auto-coordination.

2 Likes

ive had this issue ever since i started playin IF, i just got used to it tbh

1 Like

It’s a known issue with the 777F , it feels like the ailerons are out of trim , some people have this problem some don’t , I think the devs are aware of it .

What speed did you rotate at?

I feel like I have this issue also, but with so many variables - including me not rotating properly on occasion, it’s tough to tell.

Sometimes I feel like it happens often, then other times not. But again, tough to judge with the winds always changing (but like you said, even @ 0kts sometimes).

Tell me something - do you lock the runway heading into LNAV (AP ON) and then take off - or is this without AP/LNAV heading?

Honestly, rudder input and it’s ramifications depend on the aircraft. Overdue it in the XCUB or the CRJ and you’ll be mowing the grass like a high speed lawn dart, under due it in the 777 and before you know it you’re clipping terminals and ramp equipment.

3 Likes

Personally I find that this happens very often to me (mainly in crosswind), so I just correct it with some rudder and it works fine.

1 Like