Reworking KORD (O’Hare International Airport)

Looks great! Can’t wait to see that new runway there, seems to be used a lot already. Keep up the awesome work!

1 Like

Yesssss! Thanks a lot for reworking my (and many others’) home airport!

1 Like

Are those taxiway lights? Or just part of the diagram?

The blue dots are the lights outlining the taxiways, while the green dots represent the lights along the centerline of taxiways. Orange for HS lights.

From what I understand, AET has always added lights to airports, but IF just isn’t able to physically “activate” them, if that makes sense.

1 Like

Toaster is spot on here.

Blue = Taxiway lights
Green = Taxi line lights
Orange = Hold Short lights
Orange + Green = ILS Critical/Taxi line lights (on runway)

2 Likes

Correct. The taxi lights rendering is of Infinite Flight developers’ jurisdiction, of course nothing has been confirmed about this, but the team will continue to add lights on airports regardless.

1 Like

Hmmm okay, fingers crossed

THIS IS AMAZING!! Now we actually have taxiways from 27R/09L 😂 Thanks for doing this

1 Like

Nice work, well done!!

As I look at this a little further I do have a question. In the “after” image I don’t see Taxiway “Mike” as completed. It runs from 27R/09L all the way to 27L/09R, additionally I do not see runway 22R/04L in the after picture either. While the runway isn’t used much it still operates as a taxiway sometimes as a well as unusual circumstances landings. As for taxiway mike, it’s used almost everyday for landing aircraft from 27R/09L to taxi to the ramp. I also could be totally blind and be looking at the wrong image so some clarification on this would be appreciated 😂

2 Likes

I presume that this is intentional. This is to make room for 09C/27C.

I noticed the same thing. I talked to Jake, and he said once the construction on the runway is complete, it will be added.

4 Likes

But it looks like it’s complete in Google maps. Does IF use another software?

1 Like

Google Maps is outdated. It doesn’t even include the construction for the new runway. It would be pointless to use it.

This is what the airport currently looks like.

2 Likes

Awesome work 👍

So that means when ORD is updated next month 4L/22R won’t be there?

That is correct.

3 Likes

So, at IFAET we use SASPlanet to get imagery for our airports. On SASPlanet, we have access to a variety of imagery sources (google, bing, etc) and for KORD Bing happened to be the most updated. While it is possible for us to use google earth for portions of an airport, they don’t currently have good enough imagery to use for KORD. Once they do, I’ll definitely update it.

That’s good, so no pilots will just takeoff 4L haha

3 Likes

Damnnnnn amazing job 👏🏻👏🏻

1 Like

I just want to say, @jakey2_0 , you are a man of steel for taking on the mighty KORD, and I’m thankful!

1 Like