Reworking KORD (O’Hare International Airport)

Wow, I really admire people who rework airports, it must require a lot of patience! 👏🏼

WOW! The level of detail added here is just stunning. As a ORD enthusiast this is just too cool to see! I can’t wait until the 27C is added! Thanks for the hard work!

3 Likes

Looks great! I can’t tell from the pictures, but did Gate L11A make it in?
It’s the shared gates used by Air Choice One, Boutique Air, and Cape air.

1 Like

Excited to visit the reworked airport! It’s gonna be great when terminals and jetways are added too. Awesome job

1 Like

This is incredible! Thanks! Just a question because I don’t know how any of this works, how come 9C/27C can’t be added yet? And do you have an ETE of when it will be available?

1 Like

Since we use satellite imagery to create airports, we need imagery to be available. Since 9C/27C is relatively new, imagery isn’t available yet so we have to wait. Hopefully it will be available soon though!

4 Likes

Ok, so basically when google maps updates again to show 9C/27C, then it can be added

1 Like

Precisely.

1 Like

It most likely did, if it was on the imagery it should be in game.

2 Likes

Got it, thanks!

1 Like

We can expect the google maps to update soon. It updates about every 1-3 years and the last update was in 2018 so it’s been about 3 years so I cant wait. But that means a rip to LHR’s new planned rwy and EIDW’s new planned rwy coming anytime soon lol.

1 Like

Looks great! Can’t wait to see that new runway there, seems to be used a lot already. Keep up the awesome work!

1 Like

Yesssss! Thanks a lot for reworking my (and many others’) home airport!

1 Like

Are those taxiway lights? Or just part of the diagram?

The blue dots are the lights outlining the taxiways, while the green dots represent the lights along the centerline of taxiways. Orange for HS lights.

From what I understand, AET has always added lights to airports, but IF just isn’t able to physically “activate” them, if that makes sense.

1 Like

Toaster is spot on here.

Blue = Taxiway lights
Green = Taxi line lights
Orange = Hold Short lights
Orange + Green = ILS Critical/Taxi line lights (on runway)

2 Likes

Correct. The taxi lights rendering is of Infinite Flight developers’ jurisdiction, of course nothing has been confirmed about this, but the team will continue to add lights on airports regardless.

1 Like

Hmmm okay, fingers crossed

THIS IS AMAZING!! Now we actually have taxiways from 27R/09L 😂 Thanks for doing this

1 Like

Nice work, well done!!