Reworking KORD (O’Hare International Airport)

Hi! In January, I reworked KORD for the airport editing team. Once added in the next airport update, it will be one of the largest airports in the game at nearly 900kb.

This is a very early screenshot of the main taxiway taking shape.
(1/15/21)

Here’s a screenshot of the finished taxiways at KORD. You can see some of the taxiway edge lines as they are sometimes added as part of a taxiway.

Finally, a before and after comparison of KORD.

Before:

After:

The new version of O’Hare includes the new deice pad and connecting taxiways, and prepares the airport for the new runway and it’s taxiways to be added once they are available. If you want to join the Airport Editing team and help edit airports, you can check out the team here
The new version of KORD will be available in the next airport and navigation update!

101 Likes

Incredible work, Jake! Excited to see this next update!

5 Likes

that is a big boi

1 Like

That looks great! I do have a question, but when ORD is done with their final runway, do you just add it? Or do you have to rework the entire airport?

1 Like

FINALLY!!

Thank you so much @jakey2_0, my home airport looks so much more amazing. I couldn’t wait for this to come, I’ve been wanting a KORD rework for so long, ever since they opened up those new taxi-ways!

So excited, keep up the great work!!

3 Likes

Once the new runway is available, it can just be added into the airport. No need to rework the entire thing.

1 Like

Looking super snazzy! 😎

I can’t wait to see the final product :)

2 Likes

Who else opened this by thinking it was someone asking for a rework for ord

7 Likes

@JarrettFlies… you might want to see this…👀😍

3 Likes

Wow, I really admire people who rework airports, it must require a lot of patience! 👏🏼

WOW! The level of detail added here is just stunning. As a ORD enthusiast this is just too cool to see! I can’t wait until the 27C is added! Thanks for the hard work!

3 Likes

Looks great! I can’t tell from the pictures, but did Gate L11A make it in?
It’s the shared gates used by Air Choice One, Boutique Air, and Cape air.

1 Like

Excited to visit the reworked airport! It’s gonna be great when terminals and jetways are added too. Awesome job

1 Like

This is incredible! Thanks! Just a question because I don’t know how any of this works, how come 9C/27C can’t be added yet? And do you have an ETE of when it will be available?

1 Like

Since we use satellite imagery to create airports, we need imagery to be available. Since 9C/27C is relatively new, imagery isn’t available yet so we have to wait. Hopefully it will be available soon though!

4 Likes

Ok, so basically when google maps updates again to show 9C/27C, then it can be added

1 Like

Precisely.

1 Like

It most likely did, if it was on the imagery it should be in game.

2 Likes

Got it, thanks!

1 Like

We can expect the google maps to update soon. It updates about every 1-3 years and the last update was in 2018 so it’s been about 3 years so I cant wait. But that means a rip to LHR’s new planned rwy and EIDW’s new planned rwy coming anytime soon lol.

1 Like