Reworked 777-200ER Strobe lights

Does the new 777-200ER have visible strobe lights? What about beacon lights?

The reason I ask is that even while I’m typing this comment, I cannot detect either beacon or strobe lights on the 777. Is anyone else experiencing this? FYI – I do have the latest update for IF. The only lights I can see when it’s dark are the Nav and landing lights.

3 Likes

Yes, all aircraft have visible exterior lights. The beacon is located on the top/bottom of the aircraft and flashes red, and the strobes are located on the wingtips and flash white.

4 Likes

Yes, I understand this. But what I’m referring to is the new 772ER and not being able to see it’s lights, specifically.

All other aircraft I have seen working lights – not the reworked 777.

2 Likes

Do you mean they seem faint? Not much colour to them?

the lights will only work if your APU/Engines are on.

3 Likes

The Strobes are there

2 Likes

Yes, even with the APU and engines running, on my device the strobe lights and the beacon lights do not work. I have even checked when it’s pitch-black – nothing…

It must be just my device, because I have double and triple checked and they don’t show at all. It’s very bizarre.

1 Like

Maybe close the session, and come back in. That may help…

1 Like

What camera view are you in?
Are you in a live session or replay

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ll try that and see what happens. It’s no big deal to me personally, but if others can’t see me taxiing at night at a controlled airport, I don’t want any violations! I’ll see…

1 Like

I was in drone camera, and I was doing an online flight (live). I have noticed it both on the TS and ES respectively. I also noticed the same thing when I watched the replay.

Could you possible share the replay with us?

2 Likes

After I try restarting my tablet, if it still does not work I’ll try to share my replay. Give me 5 or so minutes…

1 Like

You can share your replay granted we cant see what is turned on or not.

3 Likes

What if I show the touches, like in a tutorial?

1 Like

I dont think we can see the menu.

2 Likes

You can share a video or screen shot.

1 Like

If you’re interested, I just spawned in at LAX on the Expert Server…just spit-balling an idea to maybe see if you can see the strobes on if you’re close to me?

1 Like

Yeah, no dice! I restarted my tablet and Infinite Flight a couple times and it’s the same. Can’t figure this one out. Thanks for all your help, everyone!

1 Like